Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Dogs Forum
Dogs ForumDogs Forum

Forum

Does having a dog m...

Notifications
Clear all

Does having a dog make a difference in your life?

42 Posts
42 Users
0 Likes
lisa123
(@lisa123)
Topic starter

I feel like it did for me. Personally with going to work and school it can be stressful at times and having my two dogs around brings me so much joy. There very loving, a good listener, feels like an extra family member hahaa, and always full of energy. I remember many years ago when I was first thinking about getting dogs I was hesitant because of the extra responsibility, however I am so glad I made the choice!!!

Posted : 17/05/2016 6:29 pm
(@xtinx)
Eminent Member

Dogs. much like cats, offer comfort and relief to tired and weary pet owners. They're actually great sources of comfort and joy. Had my family and I not kept any pet at home, we would have been more stressed than we already are. Things feel better because our dogs and cats keep us on our toes all the time. They also make us laugh with their antics.

Posted : 17/05/2016 7:42 pm
Corzhens
(@corzhens)
Estimable Member

Yes, dogs made a big difference in my life. We had our first dog in 1996, a female mixed breed that we named Jedi. That started my romance with dogs. Now I realize that I have learned how to be compassionate because my dog taught me to be kind not only to animals but also to humans. But best of all, dogs are my stress relievers so I feel relaxed when I reach home just to see the dogs welcoming me with their barks and wagging tails.

Posted : 17/05/2016 11:59 pm
Valerie
(@valerie)
Trusted Member

Animals in general have made a difference in my life. Some of my happiest memories have nothing to do with human interaction but with my or someone else's pets. For the longest time, my only friend was the German Shepherd my parents have bought around the same time I came into this world. We grew up together. Coming home after a long day at school and, later, work to see the cats and other furry family members awaiting my return was sometimes the only thing that got me by. Animals have been a source of comfort and friendship when people weren't.

Freelance Writer, Dance, and Fitness Professional living abroad in Japan.
Feel free to visit my <a class="go2wpf-bbcode" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="website">website or check out <a class="go2wpf-bbcode" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="Fiverr">Fiverr.

Posted : 18/05/2016 12:56 am
BelgiansFTW
(@belgiansftw)
Eminent Member

Yes, yes, yes. Living with any living thing that wants your love and attention makes a difference. I love dogs much more than cats but that doesn't mean they don't love their owners any differently. Animals are good at instinctually letting you know how they feel unlike humans who could be dishonest. LOL.

Posted : 18/05/2016 3:03 am
TessV
(@tessv)

Absolutely, yes. I can't imagine my life without having the dogs and cats. Sure, the house would be cleaner and I'd have a lot more money, but the house would also be a sad, empty space without them. They're family, and they make our lives happier and richer every single day.

Posted : 18/05/2016 4:48 am
Arvis
(@arvis)
Eminent Member

I don't know if it changes your personality (maybe only makes you more social), but it's certain that dogs relieve stress and make you happy, which is a step in the right direction!

Posted : 18/05/2016 1:41 pm
rz3300
(@rz3300)
Eminent Member

Well I would think that the resounding answer is yes, but I also like how others are debating whether it changes your personality. I think that the answer to that is yes as well, though, although it may not be as unanimous as the former. I know that my dogs have gotten me through some rough times, and just by being there I think change me personally as well make my situation better.

Posted : 18/05/2016 2:25 pm
Jezeray
(@jezeray)
Eminent Member

I think the biggest difference it has made for me is that I now have no choice about getting out of bed on non-work days or going for walks. Those things must be done because the dog needs me to do them and having someone/thing else to care for keeps me focused. It's good for me to get out of bed, to get some exercise and sunshine. Especially in the winter, when I struggle with seasonal depression, having that motivation is priceless.

Posted : 18/05/2016 2:34 pm
Rolo
 Rolo
(@rolo)

Having a dog has definitely had a positive effect in my life. Not only do they provide a bit of company and comfort but they are also fun and friendly. It also gets me out of the house to take them for walks and get some fresh air and having a dog also seems to encourage starting up conversations with others in the street, so I also get to meet new people.

Posted : 18/05/2016 5:26 pm
MUTTLIFE
(@muttlife)
Eminent Member

I think that anyone willing to have children should have previously been a dog owner. Dogs provides loyalty and tons of love without much demand. Thus the affective connections they make with a human are similar to share your life with a child. So yeah, taking good care of a dog means that you can become a great parent.

Posted : 18/05/2016 5:59 pm
Wolfheart57
(@wolfheart57)
Estimable Member

Having a pet changes your life because you no longer can focus solely on what you want to do. You have to walk your dog and play to ensure they're happy. Cats need another type of attention that is based on giving them attention when they decide and knowing when to back off. It teaches not only responsibility but how to put something else before your first impulse desire. I think having a pet makes you better as a person in the long run.

Posted : 18/05/2016 9:29 pm
(@naturalbeauty92)

My dog is truly my bestfriend. When I was pregnant he was super protective of me even to my own husband. Once I had my son, he guarded his crib like a knight. He really thinks my son is his baby brother. I would say Carter look at your baby brother and he would wag his tail so fast. Now he plays with my son all the time and usually he doesn't like kids because they try to pull his fluffy tail. He let my son have his way with him. He brings so much joy into our lives.

Posted : 30/05/2016 1:34 pm
dame6089
(@dame6089)

Having a dog makes everyone in my household happier. There is nothing like coming home from work to a dog that is beyond excited to see you. Having a dog also has the added benefit of making me more active as we are always looking for new parks and trails to walk him in.

Posted : 30/05/2016 5:48 pm
(@swalia)
Eminent Member

My dog is the source of unending joy. Playing with him takes my stress away. He is the first one to greet me when I return home from work. His unconditional love brightens my day.

Posted : 01/06/2016 9:59 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: