Notifications
Clear all

How do you give your cat a bath?

20 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
emgaudet
(@emgaudet)

I would have thought anything involving putting a cat near water would involve wearing several layers of armour and gardening gloves. My first cat, when I was a child, hated baths, but since he had a habit of finding something bad for him and getting covered in it he had them frequently. By bad for him, I mean, car soap, creosote, paint, the works.

Given what he was covered in, we couldn't use the bath, so it used to be a two or three person job in the garage with the door closed, a tub of water, and a lot of yowling. We always had to wear layers after he tried to climb out up my arm and literally went for the throat (The second he was away from water he loved me again, and seemed quite surprised I was bleeding). Baths were normally also accompanied with cutting the worst of whatever it was out, so come to think of it, he might not have been too fond of the lion cut he wore frequently.

That's what I was thinking: it's all about layers, and safety in numbers! I would never attempt to bath a cat without at least two thick layers, and some back-up! These sweet little kitties are deceptively vicious once we add them to water. Unfortunately, sometimes it just has to be done.

Posted : 07/02/2018 1:15 pm
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

It's always a struggle to bath my cat because she doesn't like water or getting wet at all. She's a neat cat because she never messes up her body and she licks her furs all the time.

It's why we take her bath every 3 to 5 months unless something happens that makes me to change the time table. She doesn't like cold bath at all. She won't have it, it's why we use warm water bath for her and soft sponge with her bath tub bowel filled up. 

Posted : 27/05/2023 5:19 am
(@yunna212)

hlsknvsjkkvbsbhviso

Posted : 16/03/2024 7:05 pm
(@yunna212)

hlns,vnhsvnsk,jhbvsuoivinjvos

Posted : 16/03/2024 7:05 pm
(@yunna212)

likxduvsn vmsgvsbvsblvn;sm

Posted : 16/03/2024 7:06 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: