Shampoos for cats!

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
aquaticneko
(@aquaticneko)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

My friend has a pretty white kitten and whenever I go over, she gets into the freshly cut grass with her dogs and ends up being green! We've both tried to wipe this off with wet cloths but it doesn't work. Can we use the same shampoo for her dogs on the kitten? She has a Top Paw Oatmeal Baking Soda Shampoo that she uses on her dogs whenever they need it.

Is this safe for her cat as well? Little Tana is about 10 weeks according to my friend and has been told that she's old enough to bath. We have noticed that the little kitten doesn't mind the wet grass when we water the lawn either. She'll simply walk over the water without care.

Posted : 21/03/2016 3:35 am
TobiWallis
(@tobiwallis)

Oh my goodness! It's a mightily brave person who would even contemplate bathing a cat - unless it's an Abyssinian of course. Walking in the wet is the kitten's own choice, but try and get it in the bath with those bubbles and you'll see a whole different kitty... and they bear grudges you know!!

Posted : 21/03/2016 7:21 am
morgoodie
(@morgoodie)
Eminent Member

I am not sure about using the same shampoo on the kitten that you do the dog. I have never bathed a cat before since mine were indoor ones and never needed one. If it is not a harsh one then I do not see that it would hurt the kitten. Maybe use just a little amount of it and see if the kitten has a reaction to it or maybe call the vet and ask them if it would be okay to use.

Posted : 21/03/2016 5:04 pm
Theboysmom04
(@theboysmom04)
Eminent Member

Yes, it is perfectly safe to use the same shampoo on a dog and a cat. They make pet bleaching shampoos that work well on grass stains. My cat gets a flea dip once a month in the summer months. Also when I worked as a pet groomer the same shampoos were used and many cats got baths.

Posted : 22/03/2016 3:29 pm
aquaticneko
(@aquaticneko)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Yes, it is perfectly safe to use the same shampoo on a dog and a cat. They make pet bleaching shampoos that work well on grass stains. My cat gets a flea dip once a month in the summer months. Also when I worked as a pet groomer the same shampoos were used and many cats got baths.

Thank you so much for this! It's really time we get rid of her green skirt. White animals always seem to be messy, don't they? Someone suggested having her spend more time with an adult female so she learns to clean herself properly.

Posted : 23/03/2016 1:45 am
Share: