What your bunny likes

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Ladyferoz
(@ladyferoz)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

If you have an adult bunny remember that need fruits and vegetables daily.
Their diet should consist of 80% Timothy Hay, 10% pellets (please choose a good brand that is not too sugary, I use timothy based ones for my bunny) and 10% fruits and vegetables.
Vegetables such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and kale are a good idea. Avoid giving them carrots as it is too sugary and should only be given as a treat.
My bunny likes cilantro and mint, so I try and include that in a mix of spinach.

Posted : 21/03/2016 11:25 pm
aquaticneko
(@aquaticneko)
Eminent Member

I used to save bits of spinach and my fresh veggies then offer some to her in my lap when we watched TV. She was extremely comfortable around my family and was a bit spoilt too. She would run around and stamp her foot when she wanted the TV on. Mine used to absolutely love cabbage. She would come around almost instantly when she realised we had it. She also loved eating watermelon with me on the porch in summer. It was always chilled not cold and I had to make sure to remove seeds, since I have no idea if that can harm her or not.

Posted : 22/03/2016 3:25 am
Ladyferoz
(@ladyferoz)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I used to save bits of spinach and my fresh veggies then offer some to her in my lap when we watched TV. She was extremely comfortable around my family and was a bit spoilt too. She would run around and stamp her foot when she wanted the TV on. Mine used to absolutely love cabbage. She would come around almost instantly when she realised we had it. She also loved eating watermelon with me on the porch in summer. It was always chilled not cold and I had to make sure to remove seeds, since I have no idea if that can harm her or not.

What a personality! My bunny is still quite young so we have not really seen her personality, except that she is quite playful and sneaky. I have to watch her a lot because she can quickly cause chaos, I made sure to bunny proof the apartment, and buy her as many toys as possible, only for those toys to be ignored in favour of chewing my delivery boxes.
That is a great idea for feeding the vegetables in your lap, I will do that to allow further bonding.

Posted : 22/03/2016 4:55 am
Wolfheart57
(@wolfheart57)
Estimable Member

The bunnies I had when I was a kid, used to steal out of the garden. They liked celery and tomatoes. Ultimately they were opportunist, anything you don't fence in or cover with your hand will be stole regardless if it's out of the garden or off your plate. Flower, my bunny, would steal my cooked broccoli if I ate outside by her. She was arrogant too, she would just put it on the ground next to my leg because she knew once it got dirty I wouldn't eat it. Then she would wiggle her nose at me then eat very leisurely. If I didn't keep an eye on her, she's repeat it and make her pile bigger. You couldn't even get mad at her because she was so cute. And she knew it. I fed the pellets, but they had a background of grass to graze on, so they mostly ate grass, vegetables, and fruit.

Posted : 22/03/2016 6:41 pm
aquaticneko
(@aquaticneko)
Eminent Member

The bunnies I had when I was a kid, used to steal out of the garden. They liked celery and tomatoes. Ultimately they were opportunist, anything you don't fence in or cover with your hand will be stole regardless if it's out of the garden or off your plate. Flower, my bunny, would steal my cooked broccoli if I ate outside by her. She was arrogant too, she would just put it on the ground next to my leg because she knew once it got dirty I wouldn't eat it. Then she would wiggle her nose at me then eat very leisurely. If I didn't keep an eye on her, she's repeat it and make her pile bigger. You couldn't even get mad at her because she was so cute. And she knew it. I fed the pellets, but they had a background of grass to graze on, so they mostly ate grass, vegetables, and fruit.

They definitely are opportunist. My little lady used to be liked that but we bunny fenced her room until she eventually must have realized since she stopped. Our garden wasnt as easy to get into either. She used to chew on anything she can get her paws on!

Posted : 23/03/2016 1:47 am
 Liza
(@liza)

Our bunny loves being in the house, but since I am responsible for the clean-up, it's not so much fun for me to constantly search out the little piles of pellets. Our other bunny loved to use the cat litter box, but this new one, well, not so much. He freezes up when the cat comes around, I guess he still doesn't trust him yet. But he loves to be groomed, especially when he's picked up a few fleas from his feline buddy.

Posted : 29/05/2016 9:02 pm
Share: