Vicious Dogs - Nature or Nurture

9 Posts
8 Users
1 Likes
CredenceDarkly
(@credencedarkly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Pit bulls, for instance, have a very bad reputation. I don't think this is just and personally believe it's a case of nurture. Because of their stigma, a lot of criminals like to use them (protection dogs for dealers, etc.). Because of this, they are trained to be vicious and are likely to bite at a moment's notice.

Posted : 04/03/2021 3:51 am
(@pennilove7)
Estimable Member

I think that some dogs tend to lean toward being more aggressive although they can be trained not to be from a pup. If they haven't been trained young, then I think that they are inclined to let their nature take over. 

I knew a family that had two pitbulls as guard dogs and when I walked into the house they came over for big time cuddles. The wife said to her husband, "Look at your guard dogs!" 

Posted : 09/09/2022 10:56 am
 Tony
(@tony)
Eminent Member

Well, I believe that nature plays a good role in how dog's behave but the major influence is on how you train and nurture your dogs. Personally, I don't like my dogs to bark, it's how I train. I'd rather have them wait and bite than bark and not do anything. 

Posted : 22/09/2022 6:18 am
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

It actually works both ways in my opinion. Some dogs from their breed are aggressive and vicious but such dogs can be trained and tamed to be calm. It's all about how you want your dog and have him trained. 

Posted : 11/11/2022 3:38 pm
(@phabbyfundz)
Eminent Member

The behavior of a dog depends on it's training though I Know some dogs can be rebellious even to their owners but can also be cautioned properly.

Posted : 14/11/2022 1:31 pm
Asaba reacted
(@asaba)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @phabbyfundz

The behavior of a dog depends on it's training though I Know some dogs can be rebellious even to their owners but can also be cautioned properly.

You're right about that. Even though some dogs can be very aggressive and vicious because of their breed and species but depending on how the owner trained the dog would leave the final mark on how the dogs would behave. 

Posted : 06/05/2023 12:50 pm
Dori
 Dori
(@dori)
Eminent Member

Personally I believe that it is how you train your dog that it is going to behave even if the dog is supposed to be aggressive naturally just like the way pitbulls behave. Once you have been able to train them properly, they will definitely not be aggressive and looking for trouble. 

Posted : 14/06/2023 6:44 pm
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

There are dog breeds not safe to have around kids.. If you do have them, you will have to train them very well.. Otherwise you're in danger 24/7.

Dogs behave as they are trained. Put more effort in that and everything is going to be good. 

Posted : 19/07/2023 5:57 am
Roberto
(@roberto)
Eminent Member

Dogs are what you train them to be. Even aggressive dogs can be tamed and they will become very calm. If a dog is too mean and aggressive, it's how they trained the dog. 

Posted : 01/11/2023 1:58 pm
Share: