Clear all

How do I comfort my dog?

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
studentph
(@studentph)
Topic starter

I live in the Philippines and most of the pet owners here disregard their dog and thinks it'sokay to lock them up in a cage forever, I however don't think that should be the case. I am seeing a lot of worrying signs with regards to my dog such as anxiety and they always bark especially when they're lonely. I try my best to walk them and play with them, but I don't have that much time. How do I comfort them, to the extent they'll see that I love them.

Posted : 20/02/2018 8:47 pm
(@masterjed)

Dogs and are mans best friend. Comfort them the way you comfort yourself. Play with them and spend time with them. Give them a hug once you get home from work. eat with them and most of all walk with them. Its not how comfortable you are but its how you are comfortable with them. And as long as your treating as one of the team then he will repay you as your master.

Posted : 20/02/2018 9:44 pm
theartisttt
(@theartisttt)

Before being able to comfort your dog, you need to know first their characteristics and personality. You need to observe how they act when their anxiety kicks in and everything else. Then you can research about it based on your dog's actions. I, on the other hand, comfort my dogs, depending on the situation they're in. For example, if they start acting nervous and hide under a table or my bed, I put myself on their shoes. What would I want someone to do if I am nervous and hide? Most likely, I wouldn't want to be disturbed or be given much attention but I would love someone's presence. With a thought like that, I would stay by my dogs' side until they finally cheer up once again. I also wait for them to come to me and with those puppy eyes, ask for a cuddle and I would give them that. I make sure that everyday, I can show them that I care. Dogs are very intelligent and I think they just get actions like we do. Sometimes, even better than we do. I also use aromatherapy scents around the house to soothe my dogs. Don't think of your dogs as just pets. Think of them as your friend and even family, they'll appreciate it.

Posted : 21/02/2018 1:46 pm
mikaelmatt152312
(@mikaelmatt152312)

The way I comfort my dog is that I don't treat him just a simple pet nor just a simple best friend but I treat my dog as a part of my family, my baby. I feed him everyday give her food and water, give her a comfortable bed which she could take a rest and giving her a bath. I see to it that everyday I have time of being with her no matter how much busy I am. I play with her during my spare time. So that's why whenever I am going out and go somewhere then when I return home even if I am not that much far from the gate of our home she's already barking, she already know that I am coming. I always let her feel how much I love her.

Posted : 21/02/2018 3:21 pm
charmie
(@charmie)

Different dogs have different needs, before you decide to have a dog as a pet you must first make a research what suits your personality, the environment you live in, or will you be able to give what they want. Taking in consideration of this stuff is like giving them comfort already. If not, they will suffer from things that are not easily seen until they get sick. Personality: you must be able to choose a type of dog that will suit your personality also because there are types of dogs that needs extra attention, for some this would be irritating. Environment: there are types of dogs that needs low temperature to feel good, most of them have thick furs, so if you will not be able to give them that choose another type dog. Those are few things to consider to pamper or comfort your dog.

Posted : 24/02/2018 4:23 pm
Dori
 Dori
(@dori)
Eminent Member

Always keep playing with your dog often and never lock them up all the time because it's putting fear into them. Dogs keeps barking when they are scared and anxious. 

Try as much as possible to pet them all the time, feed them well, take very good care of their health, buy them toys to play with when they are alone. It's going to help. 

Posted : 13/12/2022 7:52 am
Shortie
(@shortie)
Trusted Member

It can be difficult if you have a busy life to be able to spend a lot of time with your dogs and ensure them they are not being left or going to be neglected. I would ensure that if you have any spare time in between things you need to do that you spend time with them, walk them, play with them and even comfort them. Allow them to be close to you when they feel they need to be so that they know you do care. It can take time but with time they will realize that you mean well even if you are busy. 

[url=https://chataddicts.revillution.net/index.php]Chat Addicts - Unleash Your Chatty Side![/url] ~ [url=https://www.revillution.net/forums/?referrer=729xY]Revillution - Your Portal To Entertainment[/url]

Posted : 20/01/2023 5:16 pm
(@bumble)
Trusted Member

My dog never goes in a cage for any reason whatsoever. Even when they are puppies, I never put them in cages except for when I need to take them out, so their cage carrier would make it a lot easier for me to go with them. 

Posted : 02/06/2023 3:09 pm
Share: