7 Posts
7 Users
1 Likes
jyy
 jyy
(@jyy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

The first is cruel and should be banned. The 2nd is OK, but ideally, I'd want some rural area where they could run free. Anyway, the 1st is a proven way to abuse dogs. However, though, I suppose overkill would be a factor.

Posted : 09/02/2018 4:18 pm
(@c00kies)

What do you mean by tying up? do you mean putting them on a leash? if not then i agree with it, it's cruel. Fencing dogs is okay as long as they have lots of space to run around and food. It's also safe for them to avoid accidents. I just leave my dogs in our backyard and every afternoon take them for a walk. Putting them on a leash every time isn't good, it will make them unfriendly. Let them roam freely and meet other dogs and people.

Posted : 10/02/2018 3:21 pm
(@pennilove7)
Estimable Member

We have a tie out for my daughter's bulldog, but that's only used when we're outside with her and we don't want her to stray out of the yard. There are some wild animals around that we wouldn't want her to encounter. I wish we had a fence because then she could run around more.

Posted : 09/09/2022 11:24 am
Heatman
(@heatman)
Eminent Member

If I'm taking my dog for a walk, he's always going to be on a leash. It's so that he doesn't start chasing anyone that comes across and makes it very difficult to do the walk. I'm against any abuse of any pet and not dogs only. 

Posted : 13/09/2022 2:54 am
Dori
 Dori
(@dori)
Eminent Member

It depends on what you mean by tying the dog. If it's not something hurting to the dog, I don't see anything wrong with it. If you have an aggressive dog, it should be fenced or chained up to avoid bitting anyone. 

Posted : 07/11/2022 12:10 pm
Mimi reacted
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

Posted by: @dori

It depends on what you mean by tying the dog. If it's not something hurting to the dog, I don't see anything wrong with it. If you have an aggressive dog, it should be fenced or chained up to avoid bitting anyone. 

This is my assessment as well when it comes to fencing or putting of dogs in cages or even putting them on a leash. 

Dogs like pitbulls deserve to be on leash 24/7 because they can be very dangerous to control. 

Posted : 01/03/2023 6:46 pm
(@chibu)
Eminent Member

My dogs are very friendly and playful. There's no need for me to have them tied up. Also, they don't wander a lot which is why I'm not worried about having my house fenced. It's when your dog is very aggressive that it's necessary for you to have them on a leash. 

Posted : 01/06/2023 11:44 am
Share: