8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
jyy
 jyy
(@jyy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Sometimes dogs need a little toughness because it's in their genes. In other words, what doesn't kill them will help them (but I'm saying this with caution). Anyway, cancer and other diseases would seem to strike dogs that don't get enough exercise or perhaps have things too comfortable. Nonetheless, it's impossible to totally ward off an old dog's death, obviously.

Posted : 09/02/2018 4:25 pm
kaisantos2229
(@kaisantos2229)

Every dog owner in this world has that weakness of being to soft to their dogs. We cannot avoid being to attach to our dogs, there are some dog owners treat their dog like a human baby. I don't judge this because I myself is guilty of it before but the times pass by, I realizes that it is wrong to not to be strict with your dogs. Because we became responsible for our dogs miss behaving and diseases that may cause your dogs life.

Posted : 10/02/2018 12:41 am
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

Well you can be strict with your dogs when it comes to their behavior on where they pee/litter, or how they act towards other people, as long as you don't hit them. When it comes to diseases, the best you can do is to have regular checkups with a trusted vet. you can't really compete with old age and genetic diseases since that is just how a dog's life goes. The best that you can do is make sure that their life on earth has been meaningful.

Posted : 10/02/2018 3:38 am
jyy
 jyy
(@jyy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

We cannot avoid being to attach to our dogs, there are some dog owners treat their dog like a human baby.

I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with that. I'm just saying, for instance, they might enjoy cooler weather as opposed to being trapped in a comfortable house - and it might be better for them. However, though, long periods in cold weather is another matter.

Posted : 10/02/2018 7:21 am
Igba
 Igba
(@igba)
Eminent Member

I'm never going to be too soft on my dogs but that doesn't mean that I'm going to cruel to them. I will train them the right way while showing them enough love and care. 

Posted : 03/02/2023 8:32 am
(@chibu)
Eminent Member

As much as I care and love my dog so much, I always make sure that I'm very strict when it comes to training them because it is only way that it's going to ensure that they behave properly and be on guard whenever I need them to be. It is why I don't allow them to play too much all the time. 

Posted : 14/03/2023 11:22 am
(@bumble)
Trusted Member

My dog was trained in the military service center. He's one hell of a mean dog and I love him so much like that. He's attentive to details 100% and there's nothing my dog can't do. There's no impossible for him. 

Posted : 06/04/2023 4:51 am
Zuby
 Zuby
(@zuby)
Trusted Member

Even though you're not expected to abuse your dog all in the name of training them, you still have to add a little bit of seriousness when you're handling them. It's why whenever they behave well, I would give them a treat. They love getting a treat. 

Posted : 03/05/2023 6:49 am
Share: