Clear all

Intelligence of dogs

23 Posts
20 Users
0 Reactions
Joel7050
(@joel7050)
Eminent Member

I've never heard of this, and never actually wanted or bothered to check my dog's intelligence versus the "dog average". I just love him for who he is, and to me, he seems quite smart! He was able to push one of his cushions against a table in order to reach some fresh takeout I had just transferred into a plate! He got a little fat after that but he's lost it again and everything is fine now. I've learnt my lesson!

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:14 am
Joel7050
(@joel7050)
Eminent Member

I've never heard of this, and never actually wanted or bothered to check my dog's intelligence versus the "dog average". I just love him for who he is, and to me, he seems quite smart! He was able to push one of his cushions against a table in order to reach some fresh takeout I had just transferred into a plate! He got a little fat after that but he's lost it again and everything is fine now. I've learnt my lesson!

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:18 am
cluckeyo
(@cluckeyo)
Trusted Member

My dog is very smart. Early on she was learning words and sentences. She understands a lot of what we say and we sometimes feel the need to spell in front of her so she won't figure out what we are saying. She is a chihuahua. Not only is she intelligent, is also very considerate and well mannered.

http://www.cluckeyo.com
life is good...

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:36 am
SirJoe
(@sirjoe)
Eminent Member

I have never heard of this, but I have heard a similar thing related to dog aggression, it's obviously not true. I don't think that there is something physical that will allow you to make an easy judgement in relation to the dogs intelligence.

Posted : 07/08/2016 4:39 am
djordjem87
(@djordjem87)

I don't really care about this and I don't make a big deal out of it but I think that dogs are not very intelligent, at least not according to human measurements. I don+t believe they would be in top 10 most intelligent animals. They do not have to because they have something else that we cannot make with all our intelligence. They have noble and gentle souls if I can use that word. A soul. I think most if not all other animals are totally different. Imagine a cat helping a blind man or helping in general. All other animals, domesticated or not are too self absorbed. Dogs are not, they are devoted friends and they are very honest. I don't see myself without a dog. It would be unbearable for me.

Posted : 07/08/2016 1:40 pm
taco
 taco
(@taco)

Dogs and humans have a special bond that has been formed in the 10,000 years we have been living and working together. Dogs with superior empathy (the ability to read humans) and intelligence were bred into the gene pool. It is not just some coincidence dogs have an uncanny knack to tell when you are sad or if something is wrong or to be able to fetch stick or even to smell drugs. It is something we have literally bred and trained them to do over thousands of generations.

Posted : 07/08/2016 4:39 pm
(@nancy)

Oh, it is my first time hearing that stuff. I heard similar to that but it in the spots of the Dalmatians. I heard that Dalmatians which have even spots on their bodies are said to be the bright ones compared to the Dalmatians which spots are distributed unevenly.

Posted : 07/08/2016 7:27 pm
LaneA
(@lanea)
Eminent Member

I actually have never heard about this little fact before, and according to this, I think that my biggest dog is half stupid, lol. He has the roof of his mouth some parts pink and some parts brown. But when it comes to my smallest dog, his mouth roof is all pink. It's actually a really curious fact, I'll google it to see what can I find.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted : 07/08/2016 8:59 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: