Anatolian Shepherd

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
cluckeyo
(@cluckeyo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I have a little chihuahua, she is the greatest. I love her to pieces. She is an inside dog, of course. However, there are a couple of large dogs I am particularly interested in. One of these, is the Anatolian Shepherd. A beautiful dog, known for it's ability to guard livestock. They actually live with the chickens or whatever and protect them from predators. Keeping chickens is a real problem, because the predators come looking for them. This dog would keep them safe and I may buy one some day.

http://www.cluckeyo.com
life is good...

Posted : 30/05/2016 10:51 pm
Kevin Couture
(@kevin-couture)

Anatolian Shepherds are really great breed!
I would get one soon!

Posted : 08/06/2016 11:56 am
IcyFirefly
(@icyfirefly)
Estimable Member

Sounds like a wonderful breed! This is the first time I heard of Anatolian Shepherd, and I hope you will get one soon!

Posted : 07/08/2016 5:04 am
MUTTLIFE
(@muttlife)
Eminent Member

The Anatolian Shepherd is not the ideal breed for everyone. He can be a fine and loyal companion if you and your family understand his unique qualities and requirements and are ready to take on the responsibility of owning a very large and protective dog.

If you need a dog to protect a flock or herd, find a breeder who breeds successful livestock guardians: you'll have a better outcome if the puppy or adult you purchase already has successful working dogs in his bloodline.

Posted : 07/08/2016 12:05 pm
Share: