What dogs do you have

39 Posts
37 Users
0 Likes
Canis
(@canis)
Topic starter

Hi guys

I have two dogs, a 5 year old greyhound off the track, and a 15 year old Springer spaniel. I love pretty much all dogs but usually had herding or gun dogs until the greyhound. She is very different in her temperament and behavior but I am really loving her too.

So what kind of dogs do you guys have?

Posted : 13/03/2016 12:06 pm
(@diane)

Currently I have no dogs or puppies, I live in an area where pets are not allowed...what a pain, but I have to make do with the the rules, still, am in the market looking for a puppy, am thinking of putting it up at my auntie's...she's got a big yard, I know it won't be the same but it'll do...for now.

Posted : 13/03/2016 1:01 pm
LovesBigFoll
(@lovesbigfoll)

Hi guys

I have two dogs, a 5 year old greyhound off the track, and a 15 year old Springer spaniel. I love pretty much all dogs but usually had herding or gun dogs until the greyhound. She is very different in her temperament and behavior but I am really loving her too.

So what kind of dogs do you guys have?

I am fortunate enough to live on a farm/ ranch and we have five dogs. That might sound like a lot and it actually is as they all live in the house.

The oldest is Augie, a fourteen year old Jack Russel. Next is Tweetie Bird a Pomeranian/ Chijuahua mix. Third is Sally (named for the Flying Nun) who is mostly Chijuahua and is really tiny with eight inch ears. Forth is our only large dog, Bella, who is a Black Lab, Golden Retriever mix and overflowing with energy. Last is Pup-pup who is the only pure breed, being a miniature Australian Sheppard. Pup pup actually has an official name at the vet, but we never use it.

Posted : 13/03/2016 3:50 pm
(@xtinx)
Eminent Member

The family's big on adoption so a number of our dogs are mongrels. We don't know what type of breeds are in their blood because you see a smattering of just about any breed. We only have one hybrid dog and he seems to be part-golden retriever part-terrier. According to the guy who gave the dog to us 10 years ago, his siblings were much bigger than him. He's the shortest of them all, just about a meter standing up. The other mongrel dogs look like they have Jack Russel blood. Our latest puppy seems to have Dachshund blood given her short legs and elongated weenie-like body.

Posted : 13/03/2016 7:31 pm
HeyBubba
(@heybubba)
Trusted Member

Just the one - he's asleep next to me at the moment, such a cutie. He's some kind of chihuahua+terrier mix, but he's a stray, so we can't really be sure what his heritage. He is a blonde little dude with an absolutely infectious smile that just makes you want to hug him all the time <3

Posted : 13/03/2016 8:59 pm
Corzhens
(@corzhens)
Estimable Member

I only started having a dog in 1996 when my husband's sister gave us a puppy. It was of a mixed breed and the ugliest in the litter of 3. When my husband got it from his sister, the Star Wars commercial was airing on the car's radio. And thinking of a name for the puppy, my husband christened her Jedi. It's been a week before I got closer to the puppy and coincidentally, she got sick with diarrhea. And that was the event that caused our bonding. How I loved Jedi and it's so nice to reminisce the 10 years she stayed with us.

Now I have 3 dogs which have their own idiosyncrasy. They are my stress relievers.

Posted : 14/03/2016 12:25 am
beli
 beli
(@beli)
Eminent Member

I currently don't have any dogs or puppies. I'm trying to figure out the changes in my life. When I feel more certain of my path, I'll be more open to new fur babies. They'll definitely be rescues, without question. While I don't have a breed preference for the most part, I wouldn't mind having a lab again. The two I've had have been very sweet and easy maintenance, among many desirable qualities.

Posted : 14/03/2016 3:11 am
beli
 beli
(@beli)
Eminent Member

I currently don't have any dogs or puppies. I'm trying to figure out the changes in my life. When I feel more certain of my path, I'll be more open to new fur babies. They'll definitely be rescues, without question. While I don't have a breed preference for the most part, I wouldn't mind having a lab again. The two I've had have been very sweet and easy maintenance, among many desirable qualities. I've also had a Papillon, an American Cocker and a Manchester Chihuahua.

Posted : 14/03/2016 3:12 am
djspaniel
(@djspaniel)
Eminent Member

I have a 5 y.o. spaniel. We sort of also had a street dog mainly because we live in the country and no one really cares about what happens to the dogs. He was just freezing in December, I don't really know where he had come from. But, we took him in. However, he just didn't survive. Here is his pic. I feel guilty about not being able to save him, but I did try.

Posted : 14/03/2016 7:00 am
rz3300
(@rz3300)
Eminent Member

I have two little Boston Terriers and the things are crazy. I got them about two years ago from the local Humane Society and haven't looked back since. I always had cats when I was growing up so I am so happy to finally get to have dogs, they are so much more fun.

Posted : 14/03/2016 3:40 pm
Christina
(@christina)

I have a mutt named Max. He's 50 pounds of pure muscle and (from our best guess) a lab, hound, pit mix. He loves to run, and is very happy we bought him a house with a yard 🙂

Even though Max is 4 years old, people often think he's a puppy still. He has the cutest mix of black, white, and brindle and gets many compliments on his shiny coat.

Posted : 14/03/2016 3:48 pm
djspaniel
(@djspaniel)
Eminent Member

Wow. 50 pounds? Max's a biiiig dog then.

Posted : 14/03/2016 11:11 pm
IcyFirefly
(@icyfirefly)
Estimable Member

I have a 20 months old mixed dog of bull dog and pit bull. He is 50 lbs and lengthy, but very sport looking. He is very loving and prefer to be with human rather than by himself. We are very lucky to have him in our lives.

Posted : 15/03/2016 5:00 am
morgoodie
(@morgoodie)
Eminent Member

I have two dogs. One is a Boston Terrier, named Batman, and he is 6 years old and I got him from my niece two years ago. He is a sweet mama's boy and loves to sleep on my lap or next to me if I am on my laptop. My other dog is a 9 month old Pit Bull, named Bella. She is about 50 lbs so her nickname is moosie moose or sometimes Bella moose. She is a sweet girl though and just wants to play and be loved. My children love both of the dogs and I am glad that we have them in the family.

Posted : 15/03/2016 8:15 am
Loopulk
(@loopulk)

I have two dogs named Daisy and Lily. They're both bichon frises, but not actual sisters. When we got them (about two years between them), they were each named what their names are so it's just by chance that they're both named after flowers. Daisy is older than Lily and isn't as excited, but she definitely loves play fighting with Lily. Lily, however, loves to go on walks and play with toys.

Posted : 15/03/2016 12:56 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: