Clear all

Dogs in cartoon shows

16 Posts
15 Users
1 Likes
(@swalia)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I love 'Pluto' - the cute dog of Mickey Mouse. Another favorite of mine is 'Scooby Doo'. This dog is so coward and hilarious but he always ends up solving the mysteries through sheer luck.
Which other dogs in cartoon shows come to your mind?

Posted : 01/06/2016 9:55 pm
BelgiansFTW
(@belgiansftw)
Eminent Member

Brian from Family Guy has to be my favorite cartoon dog because of his hipster wit, his alcohol problems and failed attempts at getting published-- that might sound bad but he always gets a happy ending because he gets to be with the Griffins and Stewie especially who loves him so much even though he doesn't show it. My second favorite cartoon dog has to be Snoopy though and his happy dance.

Posted : 02/06/2016 12:54 am
puli93
(@puli93)
Eminent Member

I really loved the cartoon 'catdog' they really had their own personalities, with all the cat-dog stereotypes. 90s cartoon network and nickelodeon shows were off the hook!

Posted : 02/06/2016 10:30 am
Salt
 Salt
(@salt)

I love when Brian in Family Guy actually acts like a dog. For those who aren't too familiar with the show, he's basically a person in a dog's body; but at certain times he will randomly act like a dog, which will catch you off guard.

Posted : 07/02/2018 12:56 pm
klbrds
(@klbrds)

Growing up, my favorite movie was "All Dogs go to Heaven"! I watched it recently because I noticed it was on Hulu, and it's surprisingly dark for a cartoon actually. A part of me can't believe my parents let me watch it!

Posted : 07/02/2018 1:40 pm
AmieBotella
(@amiebotella)

I really loved the cartoon 'catdog' they really had their own personalities, with all the cat-dog stereotypes. 90s cartoon network and nickelodeon shows were off the hook!

I have to agree to this! I love Catdog and the Real Monsters back in the 90s in Nickelodeon. They're one of the weirdest and coolest cartoons there is back then and I am proud to say that every now and then .I look them up on Youtube and watch an episode or two.

Posted : 07/02/2018 6:00 pm
AmieBotella
(@amiebotella)

My favorite dog in television is Clifford the Big Red Dog and Kipper the Dog. I love how Clifford is so big but a gentle giant. He's such a sweet dog to his human Emily Elizabeth and it's such a refreshing cartoon to be watched with your kids too. Also, my favorite is Kipper the Dog the British dog! My son adapted Kipper's british accent because of this show and it's quite funny to hear considering we're Asians. Kipper's illustrations are very simple but very beautiful too.

I love Pluto, Goofy and Scooby Doo too but I will probably categorize them as my favorite animated funny dogs.

Posted : 07/02/2018 6:12 pm
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

My current favorite dog is Mr. Peanutbutter from Bojack Horseman. I love how they humanized him but his actions are still very doglike. I also love the classics Pluto, Goofy, Scooby Doo!

Posted : 07/02/2018 7:05 pm
junrose123
(@junrose123)
Eminent Member

My favorite dog in cartoon shows is scooby doo since I always remember how coward he is when there are some monster or strangers that he encounters. I laughed about it if when he keep on running due to nervousness. I feel great about it since it brings back my childhood memories when I was still a kid.

Posted : 09/02/2018 9:05 am
Kammy143
(@kammy143)

I love Jimmy Neutron's dog Goddard. I don't know why but I really like him so much. I find the concept unique and I like the concept.

Posted : 10/02/2018 6:04 am
Fennel
(@fennel)

Brian from Family Guy has to be my favorite cartoon dog because of his hipster wit, his alcohol problems and failed attempts at getting published-- that might sound bad but he always gets a happy ending because he gets to be with the Griffins and Stewie especially who loves him so much even though he doesn't show it. My second favorite cartoon dog has to be Snoopy though and his happy dance.

Brian is literally the only correct answer here. I know he's a bit more of a Dog shaped human these days on the show but he's so fantastic.

He's an intellectual, a ladies man, a carer....And will fetch the ball and be a good boy, GOOOD BOY!!

Posted : 10/02/2018 8:45 am
Samiracle10
(@samiracle10)

When i think of dogs in cartoon shows, Scooby Doo automatically register in my mind. His funny voice and crazy adventures ofcourse with Shaggy makes the show enjoyable to watch. Specially when he’s dressed like a woman etc etc. It also brings this nostalgic feeling of when i was young that i used to watch this show.

Posted : 20/02/2018 7:53 am
Fox
 Fox
(@fox)

Haha, I also remember Pluto. I loved him because he was always so goofy! I was a kid back then though. Another dog that deserves the mention and perhaps my generation will remember is from a cartoon called Garfield. I am sure that everybody has at least heard of it. His name is Odie and he was adopted into the family.

The reason why I love Odie is because he is simple, not too clever but not dumb either and quite good-hearted.

Posted : 20/02/2018 10:25 am
WillowWonka
(@willowwonka)
Eminent Member

My favorite growing up was Courage the Cowardly dog. I could always relate to him in some way or another, with how scared he always was. On top of that, despite how scared he was, he would try his best to keep his family safe. It just struck a chord with me.
That, and I really liked some of the show's detailed parts, with the vast array of characters they introduced.

Posted : 20/02/2018 1:23 pm
Dori reacted
Frost
(@frost)
Trusted Member

Scooby Doo and Courage the Cowardly dog will always be my favourite dogs in cartoons. Courage looks very funny with his skinny hands and legs. They were my childhood favourites. 

Posted : 13/09/2022 6:11 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: