Notifications
Clear all

Simple habits

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@brettni)
Topic starter

Every morning since my dog was a puppy, my dad would give her three treats and take her for a walk whenever I would leave for school or my mom would leave for work. On Sunday's, he would give her a doggie toothbrush. Now, she waits for my dad to get home at 7:30 A.M. When he gets home she runs to the treats and knows whether or not she is getting three, and on Sunday she knows if she doesn't get her toothbrush. After her treats, she paces around the dining room table and waits for my dad to take her on her walk. I don't know why, but these little habits of hers make me giggle.

Posted : 30/05/2016 1:12 am
Hundred
(@hundred)
Eminent Member

Awww, sounds really cute. My dog doesn't have any habits like that, perhaps because we haven't really got a routine for him to have become accustomed to. I can see why they would make you giggle though.

Posted : 30/05/2016 2:10 am
(@brettni)
Topic starter

Awww, sounds really cute. My dog doesn't have any habits like that, perhaps because we haven't really got a routine for him to have become accustomed to. I can see why they would make you giggle though.

It's definitely a really funny thing to watch. My dog always ends up making me laugh, even with the simplest things. Always bringing my mood from a 2 to a 10.

Posted : 30/05/2016 2:26 am
IcyFirefly
(@icyfirefly)
Estimable Member

That is nice to read, and I am sure you know that we are all creature of habits! Dogs get used to schedule, and habits just like us. My dog knows what time he will get to go in the car too. At around 2:30 PM, he knows that we will go to pick up my son from school, so he pranced around the door waiting for me to get ready.

Posted : 30/05/2016 2:51 am
Beermoney
(@beermoney)
Eminent Member

Animals are simple creatures. They just need a little love and care to lead a happy life. Those habits are good enough so why change? Anyway, their habits will soon rub off their owners and if one day should they be gone, the owners will definitely have a void in their life.

<a class="go2wpf-bbcode" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="">

Posted : 30/05/2016 3:11 am
Hundred
(@hundred)
Eminent Member

It's definitely a really funny thing to watch. My dog always ends up making me laugh, even with the simplest things. Always bringing my mood from a 2 to a 10.

Definitely, dogs are amazing at lifting spirits! We rescued my dog, and from the first day we brought him home, he was so funny and entertaining. When he first came into the house he was so excited, he was running laps around the coffee table. Some mornings, he is so full of energy before we all wake up that he runs up and down the stairs ridiculously fast, and if anyone has left their bedroom door open he's straight into their bedroom bouncing on their beds to wake them up. It's one of the best ways to wake up 🙂

Posted : 30/05/2016 4:02 am
Share: