George chases invisible enemies.

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
lisasian86
(@lisasian86)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

My Jack Russell likes to chase invisible enemies down the garden. He makes absolutely sure that the non existent intruders stay away. We just have to say ''Get them George!'' and he does.....he gets nothing.

Posted : 30/05/2016 8:46 am
caribbeangirl
(@caribbeangirl)
Eminent Member

Well I must say I have never heard of a dog doing this before, but of course dogs do strange things every now and then. I guess it is fun for him to just run around chasing something or someone that is not there. Lonely children have imaginary friends too and they may pretend to be playing with a friend who is not really there.

Posted : 30/05/2016 9:02 am
SheepDog
(@sheepdog)
Eminent Member

There could be something at the other side of the garden producing humanly inaudible sounds, like a motor or a vacuum or sounds of percussion from very far away.

Posted : 30/05/2016 11:31 am
lexinonomous
(@lexinonomous)
Eminent Member

Ha ha ha, that's adorable! There have been times that I've wondered if dogs truly see something that we can't. My English Mastiff, Pandora, will bark at corners around the house. She has done it since she was a puppy. I always wondered if she is schizophrenic and can see things that we can't. My German Shepard is more similar to your Russell, chasing invisible people around the garden constantly.

Posted : 30/05/2016 12:40 pm
lisasian86
(@lisasian86)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I think with George it's because he does the same thing when there is a bird in the garden, the exact same response and he likes chasing birds, so if there aren't any birds he just pretends and chases them anyway.

Posted : 31/05/2016 5:31 am
Henrywrites
(@henrywrites)
Eminent Member

Hahaha! I have to say that you've got a cute and lovely dog with the way you analyzed the whole scenario. However, I have to say that she is making some fun with imaginary situations and using that as a way to keep the excitement going on. I love such dogs for there will be no dull moments when they are around you.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:44 am
Share: