Clear all

Cheap or Branded Dog Food?

9 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Sunshine89
(@sunshine89)
Topic starter

Do you buy the most expensive of dog brands or try to cut costs a little? I tend to go for supermarket brands, so mid-range. I sometimes feel guilty for not buying the best stuff. It's all the same though, isn't it?

Posted : 04/03/2021 5:32 am
HazMatic
(@hazmatic)

I'm the same, I dont think it really matters what food, just that they're getting enough. If you have a big dog then the food would be really expensive at higher brand prices.

Posted : 04/03/2021 6:33 am
JustJill
(@justjill)

Cheapish tins but branded kibble. i buy a huge bag once a month and it does him fine. A lot cheaper to buy in bulk, in the long run.

Posted : 04/03/2021 6:59 am
Heatman
(@heatman)
Eminent Member

If you can afford branded dog food, it's always more better in my opinion. I do give my dog both. He enjoys it.

Posted : 31/08/2022 12:39 am
 Hank
(@hank)
Eminent Member

I'm don't feel comfortable giving my dog cheap food. This is why I always tell people to make sure that they have enough money to buy good branded food for their dogs because it's better for their dog's health and growth. 

Posted : 13/09/2022 10:52 am
Bawon
(@bawon)
Eminent Member

I know very well that branded dog foods are very expensive but on the other hand, my dogs are very special to me. They deserve to eat branded food because it's very good for their growth. 

Posted : 22/09/2022 5:52 am
(@chibu)
Eminent Member

My dog doesn't have any problems with eating both branded and cheap food. I have not seen any difference or reactions from him eating cheap dogs foods, otherwise I will stop it. 

Posted : 09/10/2022 11:16 am
Mimi
 Mimi
(@mimi)
Eminent Member

The only time that I would be interested in getting good cheap food for my dog is when I don't have enough money to purchase enough branded food for him. The cheap good food can work for the time being before I can get the branded food. 

Posted : 05/11/2022 3:08 am
(@phabbyfundz)
Eminent Member

It depends on what I can afford at the moment, I like my dog to be well fed daily so I wouldn't limit that , I sometimes get cheap dog food as long as it is recommended by the vet.

Posted : 07/11/2022 5:29 am
Share: