Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Dogs Forum
Dogs ForumDogs Forum

Forum

[HELP PLEASE]Calmin...

Notifications
Clear all

[HELP PLEASE]Calming down a dog which I just found.

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
PetLover
(@petlover)
Topic starter

Hi,
its the monsoon season in my part of the world and here monsoon means a heavy downpour causing floods.

In a flooded area of my city, I found a dog who was cornered by water and pulled it with the help of a rope to safety.

However, the shivering of the dog just wont stop. I have dried it up and also, as per the vet given some proper medication to provide proper heat, but the shivering wont stop and I reckon its not due to cold as it just shivers when I go near it.

How to stop it from getting scared so much from anyone and everyone?

Posted : 08/08/2016 12:58 am
gracer
(@gracer)
Eminent Member

Hi [USER=196]@PetLover[/USER]! 🙂 First of all, let me commend you for having saved a dog in need. I can't remember what show I watched it from but the advice which was given there was to give rescued pets some time to adapt to their new surroundings in small steps. I think the dog needs to feel assured first that it is safe with you now and no one or nothing is going to harm it in your place. Approaching it in front of it slowly each time you would interact with it could be a good way of assuring the dog that you mean no harm. Give it time to adjust and I know both of you will soon be more comfortable with each other. 🙂

Posted : 08/08/2016 1:11 am
ivukadinovic
(@ivukadinovic)
Eminent Member

I totally agree with [USER=193]@gracer[/USER]. You just need to go slow and give the poor thing time to adjust. I've found a video to help you.

Posted : 07/02/2018 10:51 am
(@soy1bastardo)

hello [USER=196]@PetLover[/USER]. I recomend you to give it tiem to the poor thing, I've heard that if you give him a blanket with your scent, he'll probably get used to this and its more easy for him to asociate it with someone trustworthy

Posted : 07/02/2018 11:02 am
ivukadinovic
(@ivukadinovic)
Eminent Member

[USER=230]@soy1bastardo[/USER] such a good idea! I cannot even imagine how can anyone do anything bad to an innocent creature. 🙁 My neighbor's dog was also molested and It never came back from the agony. Nothing ever helped. Even today, after 5 years have passed, that dog is absolutely shy and looks depressed all the time. So sad.

Posted : 07/02/2018 11:10 am
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

The dog has just been through a traumatic experience. Just like any human, it would need time to recover before being okay with other people. You've already done the necessary things - proper vet checkup, medications, blanket, food. Just check on the good boye every once in a while and continue showing your love. You'll eventually be best friends 🙂

Posted : 07/02/2018 4:59 pm
Share: