5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
jyy
 jyy
(@jyy)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

My dog is perhaps 50 years old in human age. He doesn't like to move much - though he will when I abandon him. Anyway, I feel like even though his behavior is normal, a little help could make him more active and also keep him alive. What are some ideas? How about putting some vitamins in his dog food?

Posted : 07/02/2018 2:51 pm
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

Regular checkups to the vet. Don't just give vitamins, they may not be necessary to the old dog's diet. Help the dog in ambulating and adjust the home surroundings to fit the current playstyle of the dog. Some dogs are discouraged to walk around because the home is cramped, the stairs are too high, there are too many obstructions around the house etc.Having a cleaner environment would encourage the dog to walk around and play.

Posted : 07/02/2018 6:59 pm
Heart
(@heart)
Eminent Member

My oldest dogs right now are on their 11 and 12yrs so they are on their 60's and 70's? I am giving them vitamins, proper exercise and proper diet. Old dogs just like human tend to suffer a lot of health conditions already so I make sure that they are well monitored with our Vets.

Posted : 20/02/2018 10:56 am
(@masterjed)

My oldest dogs right now are on their 11 and 12yrs so they are on their 60's and 70's? I am giving them vitamins, proper exercise and proper diet. Old dogs just like human tend to suffer a lot of health conditions already so I make sure that they are well monitored with our Vets.

I Totally agree with you Heart. They are like humans, like us, they also need vitamins and proper diet and most importantly is the proper exercise for their age and regular visit to the vet. I goofy as my oldest dog in the house and his turning 12 on march. I guess my secret is I walk him every morning before I go to work and its working, he still can play with me and I can say he is strong still. regular visits to the vet every other Friday just to check on some stuffs.

Posted : 21/02/2018 6:34 pm
Heart
(@heart)
Eminent Member

My dog is perhaps 50 years old in human age. He doesn't like to move much - though he will when I abandon him. Anyway, I feel like even though his behavior is normal, a little help could make him more active and also keep him alive. What are some ideas? How about putting some vitamins in his dog food?

Maybe your dog didn't got used to do activities that is why? Or maybe it has something to do with his breed. Some dogs are just too lazy to move around, but you can try to use food or treats whatever that gives him excitement to make him move.

Posted : 22/02/2018 8:16 am
Share: