Clear all

What killed your dog?

15 Posts
14 Users
0 Reactions
(@remnant)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Its a reality that at some point in life, we would have to bid farewell to our pets or the other way round. Some dogs are lucky to have a long lifespan and live to a ripe old age but in other circumstances, death is caused by diseases and road accidents. My uncle's two dogs died as a result of an overdose of dewormers. There are other cases of cruelty where pet owners turn against their animals. What caused your dog's death?

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:06 pm
Perrito
(@perrito)
Eminent Member

Well, it sadly happened to me back then when I was around 7 years old, I had a husky which my parents had given to me for my birthday when I was 5, the thing is that one day we went out the house for a couple of hours and right after we got back to the house, my dog was dropped on the floor, no heart beats, nothing but just the dead body on the floor, I do not really know what happened but my parents told me that he had been poisoned, but I do not know the real story at all :C

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:11 pm
Corzhens
(@corzhens)
Estimable Member

This is a sad topic but for the sake of exchanging information, I will try my best to answer this. Our first dog was Jedi, a medium-sized female, a mix of unknown breed. She was afflicted with kidney ailment and had renal failure. Our second dog was Epoy. He also died due to kidney problem, there was blood in his urine. And although the symptoms vanished after medication, it recurred and that did him in.

Now we are very careful with the food that we give our dogs. Absolutely no seasoning and they are given ample water to cleanse their kidneys and bladder.

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:16 pm
Wolfheart57
(@wolfheart57)
Estimable Member

My grandma made my family keep our dog outside because she didn't want dog hairs in the house. My dog Blondie was used to being with us and taken on rides. So while my mom was finding a place for us to live and my sister and I were at school, no one was watching my dog. She saw my grandma get in tractor so she jumped the fence of her pen. She chased after grandma until my grandma ran her over. She tossed my dog's body into the ditch like it was nothing. It was a deliberate act of murder, because she didn't think we needed a pet. What makes me even madder is that she let's my aunt's dog go in the house. I still haven't forgiven her for that.

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:25 pm
Belovedad
(@belovedad)
Eminent Member

My grandma made my family keep our dog outside because she didn't want dog hairs in the house. My dog Blondie was used to being with us and taken on rides. So while my mom was finding a place for us to live and my sister and I were at school, no one was watching my dog. She saw my grandma get in tractor so she jumped the fence of her pen. She chased after grandma until my grandma ran her over. She tossed my dog's body into the ditch like it was nothing. It was a deliberate act of murder, because she didn't think we needed a pet. What makes me even madder is that she let's my aunt's dog go in the house. I still haven't forgiven her for that.

Wow... that's really cruel. Are you sure it was deliberate. I don't think anyone can be that heartless.

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:35 pm
Wolfheart57
(@wolfheart57)
Estimable Member

Wow... that's really cruel. Are you sure it was deliberate. I don't think anyone can be that heartless.

Yeah, she killed my pet rabbit not even two weeks afterwards by putting her outside during the first snow. She froze to death in the garage. So yeah, I'm sure it was deliberate. Plus, I see how she treats the family member's pets.

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:45 pm
BelgiansFTW
(@belgiansftw)
Eminent Member

Our second family dog died because of a snake bite, we couldn't have known he would wander off our home. One day we just found him lying in our garage dead as a doornail and upon closer inspection he had two holes (snake bite) on his leg. His mouth was bubbling too, it was terrible we couldn't even do anything anymore. We suspected he got bit at night when we were sleeping. From then on we always leash our dogs at night or let them in the house.

Posted : 07/08/2016 10:19 pm
gracer
(@gracer)
Eminent Member

This is really a sad topic for me. In my lifetime, I really couldn't count how many dogs we had in our family and how many have died. But each time a dog dies, it's always a heartbreak for me and my family. We just get so attached to them especially the ones who have lived long with us. I can still remember my first ever dog which has stayed with my family from the time I was a baby until I was about 6-years-old, it died of a disease which I could no longer remember. My mom and I were the ones who were so affected by our first dog's death that we both cried hard when we were burying it in our backyard.

Posted : 08/08/2016 1:18 am
djordjem87
(@djordjem87)

I have to admit that I live in the country where a lot of sick and damaged people live. I always had a dog and we always took good care of our pets. I really love dogs and I remember I had a dog that called Yellow. He was one-year-old approximately when he died. He was a hound actually and like all hounds he was very curious. If I give him a stick he would try to eat it or at least have a bite. He was poisoned in the end for some reason. The wet told us the symptoms are were there and the funny smell in his vomit was a sure sign. I have no idea why would anyone poison a dog who was such a sweetheart. There are some ancient disputes among the neighbours around here and I believe that was one of the reasons. Such a shame really. It's who, not what killed my dog.

Posted : 08/08/2016 4:32 am
coolprogramer36
(@coolprogramer36)

Sadly , My dog killed by an accident. Andrea is the name of my dog, She was so cheerful and playful.We alwaays go together at the beach and we ate together. She makes me happy by cuddling with me. But in one day on the street of our village, there is a dog that hit and run by unknown car and I found out that it is my Andrea. I am so angry of what the car driver did to my cheerful and playful dog. I was so down that time , I missed her so much.

Posted : 07/02/2018 12:35 pm
Martinsx
(@martinsx)
Eminent Member

Its a reality that at some point in life, we would have to bid farewell to our pets or the other way round. Some dogs are lucky to have a long lifespan and live to a ripe old age but in other circumstances, death is caused by diseases and road accidents. My uncle's two dogs died as a result of an overdose of dewormers. There are other cases of cruelty where pet owners turn against their animals. What caused your dog's death?

I haven't been unfortunate to lose my dog over anything but I cannot say much about my grandmother's dog. She lost her dog to a poisonous snake bike. I was actually around when the dog was bitten by the snake. It is likely to be a bite from cobra which I have always suspected that has camped in the bushy surrounding of my village home.

We did tried everything to prevent the poison from spreading but wasn't successful as there wasn't any vet living close. I practically watched the dog died from the poison effect and it left tears in my eyes. I wouldn't wish such death to any dog because it's a very painful death experience.

Posted : 07/02/2018 1:22 pm
jyy
 jyy
(@jyy)
Trusted Member

Getting put to sleep did one and that was so horrible. Others were killed by vehicles. Now, as for my last one, it saddens me to think about it, but probably cancer or some disease will get him cause dogs can't live forever.

Posted : 07/02/2018 2:41 pm
Henrywrites
(@henrywrites)
Eminent Member

I could still recall back in the days when I was living with grand mom at her place. She has got a cute dog which I have a kind of relationship with for we always play a lot whenever I'm around the home. It happened that one day as I was going to buy some food items at the nearby shop, she followed and a reckless driver had to hit her.

Posted : 07/02/2018 2:58 pm
theartisttt
(@theartisttt)

My first dog died because of drunk dude who was passing by one sunny morning and my dog barked at him because his face was unfamiliar and he suddenly grabbed a rock and throw it at my dog. We was hit 10 times (we saw the rocks inside our terrace). No one was around at that time because we were all in the hospital because our grandmother was ill. When we arrived home, he was bleeding and running out of breath. I was so devastated back then, seeing him struggle and he died in my arms and in front of me. Until now, I still shed a tear whenever I think of my dear Duncan.

Posted : 07/02/2018 4:51 pm
Darryl
(@darryl)

My favorite dog is killed by our own mistake. My mother give him a bone tha can stuck to the mouth of the dog and it happened. So be careful to feed you dog with a bone specially when it has sharp ends and can be swallowed.

Posted : 07/02/2018 4:58 pm
Share: