Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Dogs Forum
Dogs ForumDogs Forum

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How do you deal with aggressive behavior of a newly adapted dog?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Jermfern
(@jermfern)
Topic starter

It is a bit of a challenge to deal with a newly adapted full-grown dog. What do you think of different strategies to deal with it? This one worked to my doggy:
1. Don't stress them up. Let the newly adapted Dog adjust to the new environment that they are in.
2. Feed them. Based on what I read about Animal Psychology, dogs will treat you as their master if you are giving them food.
3. Always pet them. This is the best thing to do to make physical contact with your dog. This will make them feel more loved and attached to you.
4. Give time to play with them. Of course, dogs are so playful. It is necessary to have time for them. Like humans, dogs have feelings and they will be more grateful to play with you.

Posted : 21/02/2018 5:57 pm
Henrywrites
(@henrywrites)
Eminent Member

These are amazing tips on how to have a good time with an aggressive dog in the sense that taking out time to play with them will ensure we make them feel comfortable with us and that is really a good move in my opinion. I have seen lots of aggressive dogs that truly calmed down after a long time of getting to know the people that he is staying with.

Posted : 22/02/2018 6:01 am
(@asaba)
Eminent Member

Almost all adopted dogs tend to be very aggressive because of the change in their state of life. It's going to take a while before they get used to their new environment. You need to show them a lot of care, pet them all the time, make them feel loved and if you have another dog at home, it's very helpful. 

Posted : 08/05/2023 11:15 am
Share: