Clear all

Dog Finally Goes Poop Outside!

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
deansaliba
(@deansaliba)
Topic starter

My dog Roxy is six years old and although she would pee on the grass when I took her out, she would never poop outside, she would wait until we got home and then do it in the garden. No matter how long I would stay out with her she would hold it until we got home.

That was until last week!

We was on a big piece of grass and she disappeared behind a wall, I had a peak round to make sure she wasn't up to anything and there she was doing her business! I was so happy that I immediately praised her. I've spent hours on the bloody grass in all weather and then suddenly she just did it. Now she goes every day on the grass. 🙂

I had to stop myself taking a picture of it and sharing it on Facebook! 😀

Posted : 14/03/2016 1:49 pm
Loopulk
(@loopulk)

Great story! We had some troubles with our dogs, too. Right now, one of our dogs, Lily, only goes poo on the road when on walks. She refuses to go on the grass (I think because it's muddy) so it's weird when she stops right on the road and poos.

Posted : 14/03/2016 2:51 pm
morgoodie
(@morgoodie)
Eminent Member

My dog will go poop in the road too. He does not like to walk in wet grass or even go out when it rains. When we had a lot of snow he would walk out in the road to do his business. Of course, he would have buried in the snow if he would have tried to go through it. I am still trying to get my 9 month old puppy to stop peeing in the house. She is getting better at it but she still needs work.

Love your story and that would have been cute to post it on Facebook. LOL

Posted : 14/03/2016 4:38 pm
deansaliba
(@deansaliba)
Topic starter

It took me SIX YEARS to get her to do that, which is why I was so over the moon!

My first dog would poop on grass, but she preferred pooping in the middle of roads, I never knew what to do in that situation, do I try and get her to the gutter, or just let her do her business where she wanted while motorists gave me dirty looks. I always went with the second option.

Posted : 21/03/2016 1:52 am
IcyFirefly
(@icyfirefly)
Estimable Member

Well now, congratulations! I am sure you are relieved and happy after 6 years of training. It is a milestone!

I was lucky with my dog and that it didn't take long to get him to do his business outside! We brought him home when he was only 7 weeks old, and within a week, he knew how to let us know to go outside, and which door to go too 🙂

Posted : 21/03/2016 2:22 am
(@marriedgirl15)

Congratulations! I'm still working on my dog. He will pee and poop outside but if I let him walk around the house for about an hour or two he will find a place in the house to poop and pee. I'm trying to get him to only do it outside. So how often should I let him outside to pee and poop?

Posted : 21/03/2016 6:52 am
Annemarie
(@annemarie)
Eminent Member

First of all [USER=41]@deansaliba[/USER] - congratulations! That's wonderful. But secondly can I just say how I literally laughed out loud when you said "I had to stop myself from taking a picture and posting on facebook". Wow - I know the feeling. Not about my dog pooping exactly, but other things that I almost posted and then thought "nah ... i think this crosses the line". However, I DO think that this forum is the perfect place to share and I'm so glad that you took a moment to tell the story here 🙂

Posted : 21/03/2016 1:14 pm
Corzhens
(@corzhens)
Estimable Member

This thread made me laugh, seriously. My favorite dog is our youngest and only female Barbie. She is a pekingese who poops irregularly. Sometimes it is already 3 days and she still hasn't released anything. What we do is to induce her rectum with the use of a suppository. It never fails to do the trick. We insert the suppository every 2 days so at least her release is quite regular.

Posted : 16/05/2016 11:50 pm
Share: