Toys?

16 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
HeyBubba
(@heybubba)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Are there any specific toys that you would recommend a smaller breed dog? The pup loves anything that bounces or is made of foam, but he doesn't seem to like stuffed animals very much. I think he might be a vegan.

Posted : 20/03/2016 11:50 pm
Ladyferoz
(@ladyferoz)
Trusted Member

There are many options for you then, what I like to do is head to the pet store and buy a few toys to observe what my dog likes, now that you know what he likes it will be easier to buy him specific toys.
I recently bought my puppy an on and off squeaker toy to play with, it was made of tennis material so that it does not wear down his teeth. You could try tennis balls too, they bounce well and he will enjoy running after them.

Posted : 21/03/2016 5:58 am
Valerie
(@valerie)
Trusted Member

Have your tried Kongs and Nylabones? There's also Nerf balls that come in different sizes.

Freelance Writer, Dance, and Fitness Professional living abroad in Japan.
Feel free to visit my <a class="go2wpf-bbcode" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="website">website or check out <a class="go2wpf-bbcode" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="Fiverr">Fiverr.

Posted : 23/03/2016 12:41 am
fcuco
(@fcuco)
Eminent Member

My dogs only like toys that they can eventually destroy, slowly but surely. They only like stuff that they can shred apart, that's why indestructible toys like kongs are quickly ignored unless I fill them with treats or with the Kong's Stuffn'N paste thing, but once that's gone the toy is never picked again until I refill it. I fill it with peanut butter too, once in a while, just make sure that your dogs don't have any allergic reactions to it first as dogs can be allergic to peanuts too.

Posted : 24/03/2016 12:11 am
IcyFirefly
(@icyfirefly)
Estimable Member

I notice that my dog like toys that are soft on his mouth and squeaky. He has one that lasted for over a year that was because I do take it away and put it out of sight for a while. The squeaky drives us crazy when he keeps at us. He has many different toys but that is the only one that he is fond off.

It is a pink ball, with squeaky inside, and has tiny soft spike all over the outside of the ball. It is very soft, and durable.

Posted : 24/03/2016 1:35 am
(@autumn_hearthwitch)
Eminent Member

My pup loved her squeaky toy until she chewed the squeak out of it. I managed to "fix" the rest of it as it was a teddy bear type thing and I thought for sure she would just leave it because it doesn't make noise anymore but it's still her favorite. You're able to take your dog to most pet stores now, why don't you bring him in with you and try letting him "choose" what he wants. Maybe put a few toys out for him and see what he goes for.

Posted : 02/06/2016 3:45 am
LaneA
(@lanea)
Eminent Member

Well, my smallest dog absolutely loves stuffed animals, he has a lot of them and he just can't get enough, lol.
I'm not sure how they are called... but they are small flavored sticks? Most of the time they are meat flavored, but I think that there are natural or without flavor ones, since you mentioned that your dog might be vegetarian.
And if you're not convinced about that one you should ask for some toys for small dogs in the store, I'm pretty sure that they would have quite a variety of them.

Posted : 06/08/2016 7:34 pm
Perrito
(@perrito)
Eminent Member

When it comes to toys I generally prefer making them myself since they're just going to destroy them and it would really be a waste of money to buy toys that will not even last a week, remember that when they're puppies they tend to bite and break everything that crosses their way, you should take your provisions and get some homemade toys such as cloth balls or probably old rubber balls so they can do whatever they want with them, that's my opinion though.

Posted : 06/08/2016 9:11 pm
Corzhens
(@corzhens)
Estimable Member

Barbie is my favorite dog, she is a pekingese (small dog). Her favorite toy is a blinking ball the size of a tennis ball. It is made of rubber and has a light inside which blinks when the ball is pressed. When Barbie would bite on it, the light goes up and that would excite her no end up to the point that she gasps for breath. That is why I seldom let her play with it.

The alternative toy is the small piece of a big rope that I bought in a pet store. It is just a plain rope with fancy colors. She would bite on it and she would enjoy if we would try to grab it away from her. I do not give my dogs fancy toys that can hurt them.

Posted : 06/08/2016 10:25 pm
Belovedad
(@belovedad)
Eminent Member

Well I would recommend getting a small ball for dogs/puppies. My pup loves it and I think he generally likes anything that can be moved easily by him.

Posted : 06/08/2016 10:55 pm
rz3300
(@rz3300)
Eminent Member

Well we have not really reached the point where we can recommend specific brands or anything, but it seems that any company that makes colorful balls is a good place to start. Our little friend loves his two little spiky balls, which do not squeak anymore thankfully, and also pairs of sneakers, which of course are not toys. We still need to work of differentiating the two in his mind.

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:17 am
(@lisadolor)

There are a lot of toys to choose from for your little dog. I recommend you to have a squeaky ball or you can always head to the nearest pet store. You can consult the store owner for possible toys that can match your dog's taste.

Posted : 07/02/2018 3:33 pm
fishbate
(@fishbate)

My dogs love my shirts!:). There where times i saw my dogs on the top of my laundry basket and playing around with my shirts, basically playing tags until my shirt is torn to pieces. I lost a couple of shirts :eek:... Until i came up with an idea. I rolled out some of the damaged shirts and tied it in a knot. Embed a squeaking ball at the end of the knot and hide it within the knot. Guess what... my dogs love it . They loved it so much that it didn't last that long...doesn't matter i have lots of old and damaged shirts:D. I enjoy watching them...

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:47 am
ivukadinovic
(@ivukadinovic)
Eminent Member

When it comes to toys I generally prefer making them myself since they're just going to destroy them and it would really be a waste of money to buy toys that will not even last a week, remember that when they're puppies they tend to bite and break everything that crosses their way, you should take your provisions and get some homemade toys such as cloth balls or probably old rubber balls so they can do whatever they want with them, that's my opinion though.

haha, I make my own toys often so my Aris wouldn't chew on my shoes!
what I like to do is go to the riverside and pick up some bird feathers and include them in a cloth ball. Aris goes nuts! He is a hunting breed, his blood rushes every time he sniffs something that belonged to a bird. 😀

Posted : 09/02/2018 9:44 am
james0820
(@james0820)

We bought a branded bone toy from our dog. It was typically hard and have a fragrance that our dog like. But she can easily broke it. It took 1 day for her to broke it, any suggestions where can I buy a toy bone for our dog that cannot be easily broken?

Posted : 09/02/2018 6:12 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: