Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Dogs Forum
Dogs ForumDogs Forum

Forum

Pоpulаr quеstiоn:Аr...

Notifications
Clear all

Pоpulаr quеstiоn:Аrе сrоss brееd dоgs bаd?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Benoit W
(@benoit-w)
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Pоpulаr quеstiоn:Аrе сrоss brееd dоgs bаd?
Nо, thеrе is nоthing wrоng with аn unintеntiоnаlly brеd mixеd brееd dоg, еvеn thоugh it is bеst tо аvоid unwаntеd littеrs. If thе сrоssbrееd оr hybrid is аn intеntiоnаl mix, hоwеvеr, this in my оpiniоn is а bаd thing.

Thеrе is nоthing wrоng with mutts, mixеd brееds оr сrоss brееds, but tо brееd twо purеbrеd оr mixеd brееd dоgs tо prоduсе а sо-саllеd dеsignеr оr hybrid dоg is purеly а mоnеy-mаking vеnturе. It dоеs nоthing tо mаintаin оr strеngthеn thе brееd, аnd it is mоrаlly wrоng whеn milliоns оf unwаntеd dоgs, mаny оf whiсh аrе mixеd brееds оr hybrids аrе killеd аnnuаlly bесаusе thеrе аrе nоt еnоugh hоmеs fоr thеm

Posted : 23/03/2016 4:59 am
amelia88
(@amelia88)
Eminent Member

My first dog was a cross breed dog and he was great! I do feel sad though that some cross breed dogs get no interest simply because they're not purebreds - we got our first dog at a shelter and I think every dog there was a mixed breed. I think like any dog, whether they are a mixed breed or purebred, if you have the time and effort to put into training them and caring for them, they'll be a great dog.

Posted : 07/08/2016 12:28 am
macmac
(@macmac)

My first three dogs were cross breed dogs that were given to us by family friends. They are all intelligent, intuitive, and sweet dogs. They are great guard dogs as well. Most of them, however, don't grow as old as pure breeds do. I know of some pet dogs off mixed breeds that are not at all child-friendly. They are also not that resistant to sickness or environment. My own pug is all of 16 and still mentally alert and active for his age. My sister had a bull mastiff, a cross between a pit bull and a mastiff, I learned. He was a huge dog but he died at 8 which was sad because he seemed strong but that was supposed to be an old age for his breed.

Posted : 07/08/2016 12:56 am
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

I refuse to believe that there is such a thing as a bad dog. The difference is mainly in people's preference of pure breeds because of their distinct personalities per breed, compared to the more unpredictable side of cross-breeds. For me though, they are all G O O D B O Y E S

Posted : 07/02/2018 7:11 pm
WillowWonka
(@willowwonka)
Eminent Member

I refuse to believe that there is such a thing as a bad dog. The difference is mainly in people's preference of pure breeds because of their distinct personalities per breed, compared to the more unpredictable side of cross-breeds. For me though, they are all G O O D B O Y E S

Now THIS is a reply i can get behind. Every dog is a good boy, A+.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:40 am
Share: