Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Dogs Forum
Dogs ForumDogs Forum

Forum

How many times a da...

Notifications
Clear all

How many times a day do you walk your dog?

49 Posts
45 Users
0 Reactions
OursIsTheFury
(@oursisthefury)

As a kid I spoiled my little puppy. Whenever he would want to go outside for a walk, I would take him on one, and it would be usually up to 5 times daily. He loved sniffing things outside, loved the sights, the fresh air, and it also gave me a chance to go outside, so I can't really complain. That's the thing with me and pets, I spoil them a lot, but I really love their company.

Posted : 01/06/2016 9:01 pm
(@autumn_hearthwitch)
Eminent Member

Usually in the morning before leaving for work, then we're lucky enough that my husband goes home for lunch so he takes her out then and when we get home from work I take her out because I'm home first, we have supper and then spend more time outside (as long as it's nice). If it's raining and we can't spend an extended amount of time out, I still bring her for a walk but it's not as long as she would like. We have a good sized back yard and she loves to play there. There's also a few dog parks around the city that we go to, especially during the weekend.

Posted : 02/06/2016 3:58 am
amelia88
(@amelia88)
Eminent Member

Banjo gets a walk both morning and night. His night time walk is usually longer than his morning one - we tend to all go out as a family in the evening and go for a long walk and discuss our days. For his morning walk, it's usually just myself or my husband who takes him out quickly for a 15-20 minute walk, just to make sure he has a chance to do his business after being asleep all night! 🙂

We find that taking him out for a walk is something we look forward to as well - we are an outdoorsy family so we love that having a dog gets us outside and walking! 🙂

Posted : 06/08/2016 7:08 pm
Perrito
(@perrito)
Eminent Member

When it comes to going out with my dog I personally prefer doing it around twice a day, it's quite rough for me to walk him more than twice a day, there are some days when I have to walk him once a day because I do not really have enough time for it, however, I'm pretty sure my dog loves it when I walk him around even if it's once a day, he still loves working out his legs a little bit 😛

Posted : 06/08/2016 8:09 pm
abonnen
(@abonnen)

I really only take my dogs on a walk maybe once a month, by saying this I mean an actual walk outside of our back yard. We have a BIG fenced in back yard we go outside about three time a day and spend about 35-60 minutes each time playing. Chasing balls, sticks, running around. Its great because I get good exercise doing it to. At night we only go out 2-3 times but only about 15 minutes each time.

Posted : 06/08/2016 8:15 pm
Joel7050
(@joel7050)
Eminent Member

I usually walk my dog once a day in the cool and wet morning just as the sun is rising. he absolutely loves the temperature and gladly wakes me up the the morning for a walk. What a cute little alarm clock! It feels great to be woken up by a "family member". Sometimes, if he is overly active when i come back home in the evening, i bring him out for a little jog, and we like to race each other a little. When I start sprinting he follows along and runs till I get tired and slow down.

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:06 am
Joel7050
(@joel7050)
Eminent Member

I usually walk my dog once a day in the cool and wet morning just as the sun is rising. he absolutely loves the temperature and gladly wakes me up the the morning for a walk. What a cute little alarm clock! It feels great to be woken up by a "family member". Sometimes, if he is overly active when i come back home in the evening, i bring him out for a little jog, and we like to race each other a little. When I start sprinting he follows along and runs till I get tired and slow down.

Posted : 07/08/2016 3:20 am
djordjem87
(@djordjem87)

We go for a walk at least three times a day. In the morning. After his lunch and in the evening before sleep. During the summer I like to avoid this but sometimes when it is not too hot we go for it. It is very important routine for both of us and I hate to leave him alone in the house when I have to go somewhere. I know how much he likes his walks and how much I get rejuvenated.

Posted : 07/08/2016 1:51 pm
taco
 taco
(@taco)

This will totally depend on the breed and if the dog stays indoors all day or has a backyard to roam. For indoor animals, an Australian Shepard is going to need a lot more walks than say a chihuahua, so it depends on the breed and their temper. Ideally all dogs should be walked at a minimum of once a day but preferably twice. And if you can take them to a dog park where they can run freely then even better.

Posted : 07/08/2016 4:36 pm
(@swalia)
Eminent Member

I take my dog for a short walk twice a day- once in the morning and then at night. He looks forward to his walk time.

Posted : 07/08/2016 9:12 pm
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

I walk my dogs once in the morning and once at night everyday when I have the time. If I'm not available, I have someone walk them at least once a day outside the house.

Posted : 07/02/2018 7:09 pm
ruelbermudez
(@ruelbermudez)

Normally, I walk my dogs at night together with my kids. But the problem walking at night in my neighborhood is that, stray dogs are also walking with us and sometimes I am having problem controlling my dogs specially if those dogs following us are barking. Later on, all the dogs in the neighborhood will bark like hell.

Posted : 07/02/2018 7:24 pm
(@anahbello1206)

Twice a day most of time. In the morning and in the afternoon. I guess it is just our way of bonding with each other.

Posted : 07/02/2018 8:41 pm
(@anahbello1206)

Twice a day most of time. In the morning and in the afternoon. I guess it is just our way of bonding with each other.

Posted : 07/02/2018 8:42 pm
(@mharzenas)
Eminent Member

I walk my dog when I got free time or In my rest days. I walk with my dog early in the morning until 8am then after Ill feed them. I let them to relax for a while them I make them shower. I want to keep them fresh and clean.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:18 am
Page 3 / 4
Share: