Do You Sing With Your Dog?

21 Posts
18 Users
0 Reactions
Annemarie
(@annemarie)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I love to sing - I love to make up words to melodies that are in my head already, and use words about what I'm doing at the moment. Since often it's just me in my apartment with my yorkipoo, Butters, I'm often singing to Butters or making him the main character of the song. Do you do this with your dog too?

Posted : 22/03/2016 10:17 am
Frisbee
(@frisbee)
Trusted Member

All the time. I usually use songs I know and change the words to something related to them "She'll be running round the sofa when she runs" to the tune of "she'll be coming round the mountain" is a common one, then move on to whatever they're doing next as the next verse.

I think they enjoy it, because they know I'm paying attention to them while I'm singing. My first dog would yelp along, or just grumble and ignore me if he wasn't in the mood. Does Butters have any favourites? (and if that's him in your photo, he's lovely).

Posted : 23/03/2016 12:11 am
Annemarie
(@annemarie)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi [USER=63]@Frisbee[/USER]! Glad to see you do it too. First off, this isn't Butters in my photo, just a random (though cute!) doggy. Butters is a yorkipoo too but less poo and more york 🙂 The songs I sing just usually are the random ones that come on the radio with personal words - but the one I tend to return to over and over is "singing in the bathtub". I know it from Tweety but [url]here's a version for you[/url]. I just usually sing things like "Getting out the dog food/ Put it in the dish / Put it down for Butters / then Do a little swish" something like that. It's a catchy tune, I sing so many things. Maybe even just "Yummy yummy yummy! Yummy yummy food! Eating all your food up, until it's gone for gooooood." yeah. Crazy. Thanks for indulging me!

Posted : 23/03/2016 1:25 pm
rachklew
(@rachklew)
Eminent Member

I sit at my piano sometimes and play random chords and make up songs about my dog! He always stares at me like I'm crazy and gets frustrated because I keep singing his name and he doesn't know what I want from him, but it's pretty hilarious.

Posted : 16/05/2016 9:43 pm
Valerie
(@valerie)
Trusted Member

Hah, glad I'm not the only one. My family, particularly my mother's side (as my dad's side has no personality whatsoever ._.), loves making songs about our animals. Sometimes they join in. Sometimes they don't. Er, most of the time they don't. But my uncle, when he was alive, used to have a beagle named Sadie that would sing-song to the harmonica. My uncle said that she was the next Britney Spears.

I used to have a few cats that I trained to cry on a specific command or when they heard their name in a certain tone. So whenever I made the gesture or sang their name a certain way, they'd punctuate the verse or add a chorus.

Lastly, I taught two dogs how to dance. Not really singing, but it's fun having a waltz partner for Sinatra tunes.

Freelance Writer, Dance, and Fitness Professional living abroad in Japan.
Feel free to visit my <a class="go2wpf-bbcode" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="website">website or check out <a class="go2wpf-bbcode" rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="Fiverr">Fiverr.

Posted : 17/05/2016 12:46 am
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

I do just about everything with my dogs - including singing! They don't seem to like my voice tho.. LOL

Posted : 07/02/2018 7:24 pm
junrose123
(@junrose123)
Eminent Member

Yes of course and I am doing it sometimes since it is good for them to be expose in such music because dogs can easily adept changes and learn form what is being thought to them since they have also the a brain and I considered them as very intelligent.

Posted : 07/02/2018 7:32 pm
(@anahbello1206)

definitely! he barks when I sing very high notes. hahaha! Those are the moments that I really love and treasure.

Posted : 07/02/2018 8:38 pm
MomoStarr16
(@momostarr16)
Eminent Member

Yes. Do it everyday if you are with your dog. It helps them to stay calm and make them happy. Hearing your voice make them feel like they are secure. They do understand or remember your voice. So singing will help them recognize if you are their owner.

Posted : 07/02/2018 8:43 pm
(@mharzenas)
Eminent Member

Hahahah I wish my dog can sing like I saw in one TV shows. I am a trainer of dogs(not professional) but I don't know how do they teach dog to sing. Even teach a dog to smile. I wonder how they train them that talents.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:16 am
junrose123
(@junrose123)
Eminent Member

If only a dog can sing I think it would really nice to hear them. I would really be glad to listen to their smogs everyday even for a longer period of time. Singing with our dogs help them to be more active and intelligent in terms of music.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:28 am
WillowWonka
(@willowwonka)
Eminent Member

I do this quite often with my dogs, actually. However, I do not get much response from them other than the occasional bark or confused look. Maybe I'm annoying them, or something...

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:37 am
Heart
(@heart)
Eminent Member

Yeah! Funny to know that what I am doing is actually normal. Hahaha! Thought I was the only one. I love to sing as well and my dogs are the only audience that is willing to listen to my voice without complaining! And it is as if they are enjoying it they will sit in front of me with their heads tilting a bit in the side acting as if they understands what I was singing. Haha

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:57 am
(@christian28)

Yes! I sing with my dog but my dog barks me and I think my dog didn't like my voice and I'm feel so bad.

Posted : 09/02/2018 12:14 pm
Henrywrites
(@henrywrites)
Eminent Member

It's really going to be fun, if my dog, queen, can have this attitude to sing with me. In as much as she can make some noise and all that, I still don't categorize that as her being able to sing. I haven't been lucky with making my dog to sing for me and it's really good that at the moment for reasons best known to me, lol.

Posted : 09/02/2018 12:21 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: