Clear all

How do you name your dogs?

32 Posts
30 Users
0 Reactions
marblank1313
(@marblank1313)
Topic starter

I think it is exciting to know how everyone gets a name for their dogs. I do have a different or weird way i supposed of naming my dogs, or i don't know if it is really weird. I got their names by things i associate them by the first time i met my dogs. Sometimes i named them after something about who gave them to me, that is if they don't have a name yet. My first time having a dog for myself (excluding dogs for the whole family), i saw him with other puppies inside a poultry cage so i ask the owner if i can have one and happily let me choose for myself. I named him Chicken! 🙂

Posted : 07/02/2018 8:59 pm
Nards33
(@nards33)

I own an ovcharka caucasian and i named her Phoebe. Here in our subdivision dogs are named after American actresses and actors. I like the name because it fits my dog. She brings happiness to all of us not because of her attentiveness and protectiveness around the house. She is our guardian chasing cats away from our lawn. She hates strangers, so she is kept on a separate room of her own if there are visitors around.

Posted : 07/02/2018 9:33 pm
WillowWonka
(@willowwonka)
Eminent Member

Not to sound corny, but I tend to name my dogs after video game characters. Though not just randomly, I choose the name based on how similar a character and the dog are.. If that makes sense.

Posted : 07/02/2018 10:48 pm
(@mharzenas)
Eminent Member

Actually my very first dog got no name when the time I became his owner. I only call my dog with a whistle then he will come to me. Then after 2 years I realize that I should game him a name but I don't know what name should I call him. Then I came to an idea to call him "pachuchu". I don't know but I just came to my head and I suddenly named it to him.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:06 am
aecel
(@aecel)

I named my dogs based on the characters TV series of Game of Thrones. It's actually my favorite TV series now that's why I decided to name them based on the characters of GOT. I have two dogs, one is named Stark, in the series, there's a clan who ruled the kingdom of the north and they're the Stark family it's their surname. Then the other one I named her Sansa, in the series, she's part of the clan of Stark she's the second to the eldest. I've also had a dog before named Winchesters it's also based on the character TV series of Supernatural the Winchester brothers and the other one was Bloom but it's not based on TV series I named him after Orlando Bloom because I was a huge of Legolas before in the Lord of the Rings.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:21 am
Heart
(@heart)
Eminent Member

I have a total of 12 dogs, the first dog that I had was named after a currency which is Euro, got the idea from a movie where the dog name was Dollar. The rest of my dogs were named based on what I think suits them the most.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:41 am
(@anahbello1206)

I named my dog 'pulgas' because I just feel that that name really has a ring on it. I love it and every time I call him by his name he would definitely answer back. I know others would name their using famous one but I prefer to keep it low and original.

Posted : 09/02/2018 8:58 am
Henrywrites
(@henrywrites)
Eminent Member

Naming a dog is something that I take out time to do and the reason is because I've got that feeling that what I call my dog is what she will try to act like in the future. The current cute dog I have is named queen and I gave her the name as a result of her cute eyes and for the fact that she is friendly to everyone that is around our home.

Queen has lived with me for two years now and there has been no dull moments with her for she is always jumping and feeling happy.

Posted : 09/02/2018 9:52 am
wallet
(@wallet)

I have one dog that I have adopted him from the street two years ago and my son named him the bear because he was looking like a bear, was small and very fat with a small nouse and mouth.
Now he is looking great and very powerful.

Posted : 09/02/2018 11:34 am
(@christian28)

I named a dog by this color. I have a Dog name brownie because this dog color brown and i decided to name it brownie.

Posted : 09/02/2018 11:53 am
 ion
(@ion)

actually for me I will consider the color, and the shape of the face and body. and some spots on their skin. I named one of my dog as Brutus, because he's very masculine, and pure muscles, if ever he became human, I think Bouncer is the best job for him. I consider Brutus because he's Popeye's enemy.

this

Posted : 09/02/2018 12:58 pm
(@babyblue)

I really find it very interesting knowing how other people named their fave dogs. I myself have a funny way naming them too.
More often that not I named my pets according to their physiques and the places where I got them. The tiniest dog of mine is "Giant" and my oldest cat's name is "Puh" (pulot or picked) because I just got her from the street. Her kittens name are 'Phil' (pilay or short legged), 'Ynah' (inat ng inat or keeps on stretching) and 'Tots' (putot or short tail). I also used to have 2 Duchshand dogs whose names were 'Penguin' and 'Elephant'.

Posted : 09/02/2018 2:07 pm
(@xboxfoxy)

I think it is exciting to know how everyone gets a name for their dogs. I do have a different or weird way i supposed of naming my dogs, or i don't know if it is really weird. I got their names by things i associate them by the first time i met my dogs. Sometimes i named them after something about who gave them to me, that is if they don't have a name yet. My first time having a dog for myself (excluding dogs for the whole family), i saw him with other puppies inside a poultry cage so i ask the owner if i can have one and happily let me choose for myself. I named him Chicken! 🙂

Lol, that is just funny!!! I have never heard of any dog being named chicken but I get it! super cool too.

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:23 pm
(@xboxfoxy)

I named my dog 'pulgas' because I just feel that that name really has a ring on it. I love it and every time I call him by his name he would definitely answer back. I know others would name their using famous one but I prefer to keep it low and original.

eh... Pulgas means fleas in Portuguese and in Spanish, lol you are basically calling him fleas!!!

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:26 pm
(@xboxfoxy)

My dog's name is Buju, but he came with that name. We got him when he was 3 months old and the owner had already named him so we kept the name. However, with our cats we have chosen Marvel characters... from now on any new animals will follow the trend 🙂

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:29 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: