Clear all

Calling your dog

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@pennilove7)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

How do you call your dog to get its attention? Do you whistle? Call its name or use some other way? 

I would mostly call my dog by her name but in the house I'd whistle for her because I knew she could hear me. Outside, not so much.

Posted : 09/09/2022 11:26 am
Heatman
(@heatman)
Eminent Member

I always call my dog by his name and he answers his name ASAP. I don't like whistling my dog. It doesn't sound right. I have good respect for my dog and it's why I call him by his name. 

Posted : 13/09/2022 2:51 am
(@chibu)
Eminent Member

I call my dog by his name and also whistle him too. I whistle at him when I'm a little bit angry especially if it's something that he did.

He answers both his name and when I whistle at him too. 

Posted : 30/10/2022 10:17 am
Zuby
 Zuby
(@zuby)
Trusted Member

My dog responds to his name more than he does to being whistled at. Personally, I don't like having to get into whistling at my dog because it looks odd especially when he answers his name whenever he's called. 

Posted : 23/03/2023 4:24 am
(@asaba)
Eminent Member

My dog answers to his name all the time. But I loved using come on boy whenever I want to call him and he loves it. I know this because of how he gets more excited than the usual whenever I use the word come on boy on him. He's a nice dog. 

Posted : 06/04/2023 4:47 am
Share: