Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Dogs Forum
Dogs ForumDogs Forum

Forum

Being A Dog Doctor:...

Notifications
Clear all

Being A Dog Doctor: A Passion Not A Job!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@babyblue)
Topic starter

Spending thousands of money for schooling, passing a license being a Vet and ending up hanging out with dog at a party or in a scrub with filthy animals really ain't a joke. Maybe other people would ask; "Why Vet and not pursuing a medical degree?". To be honest, I personally asked that same question with my sister in law who is a successful Veterinary and who owns a pet clinic in a city. And I would like to share her reasons for choosing this career 🙂

> SO MANY THINGS TO LEARN FROM ANIMALS
Aside the fact that animals are used as testing subject in some countries animals will always give you their all to make you happy. We need more people like this in the world, who are just so in love with life and living, that they can only pass it on to others.

> GIVING VOICE TO THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE ONE
Animals can't tell us what they are thinking, feeling, or hurting. I will not only problem solve, but learn so much more about communication between animals and people. I want to help those who can't help themselves. I want to give a voice to the voiceless.

> MAKING DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF ANIMALS AND PEOPLE
Saving animals is going to be amazing, but there's other lives changing in the process as well. I am taking care of people's dogs who they consider family members, Christmas gifts from parents to child, and surprises from spouses that were given. I am helping people help their pets and seeing their faces will be purely priceless.

> EVERYDAY IS DIFFERENT
I'm not behind a desk or a register every single day. Some days I might be in a clinic, in the field, or in another country helping sanctuaries. I want to work with zoo animals or marine biology (at least before settling down into a clinic), and to do that I might get the opportunity to travel the world and that is beyond exciting. I never know whats going to walk through the door and into my life.

Well, other people or should I say other Vets might have a different reasons for having this kind of career but for several occasions that I'd been on her clinic one thing is for sure. This kind of profession is not merely a job...it's a PASSION 🙂

Posted : 20/02/2018 11:48 am
theartisttt
(@theartisttt)

Spending thousands of money for schooling, passing a license being a Vet and ending up hanging out with dog at a party or in a scrub with filthy animals really ain't a joke. Maybe other people would ask; "Why Vet and not pursuing a medical degree?". To be honest, I personally asked that same question with my sister in law who is a successful Veterinary and who owns a pet clinic in a city. And I would like to share her reasons for choosing this career 🙂

> SO MANY THINGS TO LEARN FROM ANIMALS
Aside the fact that animals are used as testing subject in some countries animals will always give you their all to make you happy. We need more people like this in the world, who are just so in love with life and living, that they can only pass it on to others.

> GIVING VOICE TO THOSE WHO DON'T HAVE ONE
Animals can't tell us what they are thinking, feeling, or hurting. I will not only problem solve, but learn so much more about communication between animals and people. I want to help those who can't help themselves. I want to give a voice to the voiceless.

> MAKING DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF ANIMALS AND PEOPLE
Saving animals is going to be amazing, but there's other lives changing in the process as well. I am taking care of people's dogs who they consider family members, Christmas gifts from parents to child, and surprises from spouses that were given. I am helping people help their pets and seeing their faces will be purely priceless.

> EVERYDAY IS DIFFERENT
I'm not behind a desk or a register every single day. Some days I might be in a clinic, in the field, or in another country helping sanctuaries. I want to work with zoo animals or marine biology (at least before settling down into a clinic), and to do that I might get the opportunity to travel the world and that is beyond exciting. I never know whats going to walk through the door and into my life.

Well, other people or should I say other Vets might have a different reasons for having this kind of career but for several occasions that I'd been on her clinic one thing is for sure. This kind of profession is not merely a job...it's a PASSION 🙂

I believe that any job will become a form of passion or just a form of entertainment when you love doing it. When you care for dogs and when you love dogs, you wouldn't mind being with them 24/7, curing them and helping them make the best out of their lives which makes the supposed to be work, just a play. I love your sister-in-law's reasons for being a vet. It just shows how passionate she is about is and what she has done to reach that goal of hers. I firmly believe that whatever our reasons might be, as long as we are happy in pursuing a certain career, it is only right and reasonable for us to go out there, catch that dream and live it. I hope she continues to be passionate about dogs and save our dear friends out there. As for being a Vet, well, how can you not aspire to be one? or should I say, how can you not care and love dogs? When I finish studying Interior Design, I am planning to study again and be every Dog's Doctor!

Posted : 20/02/2018 3:17 pm
Share: