Notifications
Clear all

Does your dog like cats?

64 Posts
61 Users
0 Reactions
theartisttt
(@theartisttt)

My dogs, which surprised me, are actually fond of cats. I don't own a cat or anything but my friend does and she visited me one time and brought her cat with her. Surprisingly my dogs did not bark at the cat and while we were talking and having a cup of tea, little did we know, they were already playing in the garden. It was so cute so ever since then, my friend always brought her cat with her. I was so glad that they get along well with cats. They proved that the popular myth that cats and dogs are rivals is not always true.

Posted : 07/02/2018 4:02 pm
jyy
 jyy
(@jyy)
Trusted Member

My story is quite comical. 🙂 My dog is afraid of this big cat, very afraid. 😮 It's because the cat scratched his face. Anyway, he was sort of asking for it, cause before he did the same to it. Nonetheless, the cat's basically a big bully now and even my other cat fights with him. The big cat simply won't allow others to eat around him.

Posted : 07/02/2018 4:11 pm
Darryl
(@darryl)

I never think our dogs didnt like our cats in home. Our dogs bark the cats but when the cats are so near to thrm. He didnt bite the cats. he just bark and bark until the cat run away.

Posted : 07/02/2018 4:54 pm
valvulaeconniventes
(@valvulaeconniventes)
Trusted Member

No, I used to have them both at the same time (my aunt asked me to watch over her cat for a week). Bad idea. They were constantly fighting and I have to separate them or they'll seriously hurt each other lol

Posted : 07/02/2018 6:26 pm
(@renan1217)

Nope,when she see's a cat, she run from them and drove the cat away. When she was in her doghouse she's barking and barking until the cat go away.i think she was jealous or i think she's telling the cat that "i am the owner of this area so go away".:)

Posted : 09/02/2018 5:13 pm
Universe2829
(@universe2829)

My dog is not a fan of cats, he acts brave but I think essentially he is afraid of them. How does you dog react to cats?

I've been living with cats and dogs since I was a child and as I observed, dogs and cats which grows together build good relationships much better than those who just met when they're in adulthood. As I've experienced also once we show our dogs that we cared for other animals/pets like cats, slowly they are beginning to build good relationship with them too. Expose them more often and play with them.

But there are dogs (depending on breed) though that's unacustomed to friendliness. 'Sugar', my dog, is a cross-breed of Dachsund and Labrador and she never mind playing with cats at all.

Posted : 09/02/2018 5:30 pm
james0820
(@james0820)

In our house, we have 2 cats and 3 dogs. As I can see, they are definitely friends because they are not fighting with each other, but once our cats ate my dog food, my dogs transform into a bad dog. They were barking into our cats so loudly. Despite all of these, we are trying to make some training for them to be more friendly and lovable to each other.

Posted : 09/02/2018 5:52 pm
Henrywrites
(@henrywrites)
Eminent Member

Queen, My cute dog, has got a disgust for cats and I don't really know what caused that for while she was still some months ago, I always notice her playing with the cats that my neighbours own which is up to 5 cats. However, since she is up to a year now, he attitude towards those cats has changed and in as much as I am not that worried how she could change that easily, I understand that there are behavioral changes that can occur in a cat without us knowing the reason for that.

Posted : 09/02/2018 11:31 pm
Kammy143
(@kammy143)

I like them both but there is a bit of a of a problem when it comes to cats for me. I am allergic to it. Though I find the cute, I guess I can't really have them as a pet. Plus, there would be chaos in the house if ever I try to get one. My little Kiera can't stand cats and she always get noisy whenever she sees one.

Posted : 09/02/2018 11:41 pm
kaisantos2229
(@kaisantos2229)

Luckily my dog likes my girlfriend's cat, I don't know why but I am very sure my dog is not use to having a cat around. Maybe my dog just love me and my girlfriend enough that's why he understand. It's actually quite funny because my dog won't react if my girlfriend's cat keeps on disturbing him, he just sit around like nothing happens.

Posted : 10/02/2018 12:05 am
aitapit
(@aitapit)

I do not own a cat, but my neighbor has one. My dog loves sleeping outside and her usual spot is near where our neighbors cat always plays. I don't think she does not really like it because she still sleep there and I once saw them playing with each other and it seems like they are getting along quite well.

Posted : 10/02/2018 12:48 am
 Zeke
(@zeke)

Yes. My dog has been raised together with cats and he is really used to living and sharing things with them. My dog grew up very sweet and gentle to cats unlike other dogs who hate and harm cats.

Posted : 10/02/2018 2:37 am
wallet
(@wallet)

My dog hates cats, but he loves our cat. We have a male cat, a black one and they grow up together, I guess that is the reason why my dog plays with our cat. Still...he hates our neighbor's cats.

Posted : 10/02/2018 2:47 am
argel241
(@argel241)

Very much! They say cat and dogs were enemies but it was wrong! I guess they are best of friends.Aside from dogs, I also have cats.And there are many times I found them playing together and they really getting along very well.

Posted : 10/02/2018 6:54 am
(@marian)

Both my dogs are have the classic approach towards cats.I think that our dog is probably going to be comfortable with most cats

Posted : 10/02/2018 10:27 am
Page 3 / 5
Share: