• We love all Dogs and Puppies!

My Loyal Companion

Discussion in 'You Dog Tales' started by gracer, Aug 8, 2016.

1. gracer

gracer New Member

Hello everyone! :)

I would just like to share how I really appreciate my dog's presence and the loyal companion it gives me. I am a stay-at-home mom who also works at home in my computer, and most of the time it is just me and my dog who's left in the house.

Sometimes when I'm just too tired doing my chores and my work, I would just sit next to my dog and talk to it as though I'm talking to a real person. It's also as if my dog understands me because it attentively listens and looks at me when I speak. Let's just say that we both understand each other because we've been companions for a long time now. I consider my dog as my loyal best friend more than anyone else now.:)

2. xTinx

xTinx Member

The great thing about dogs is that they don't hold grudges or act like they're superior beings (qualities which cats tend to have). Once they recognize you as master and friend, they will devote themselves to you no matter how many times they get ignored. It's a little heartbreaking, though. That's why I try my best to spend some time with our dogs no matter how busy my life gets. A simple pat on the head or just talking gibberish with them can actually take off some of the stress.

gracer likes this.
  3. gracer

gracer New Member

I agree with what you said @xTinx. :) Although it might look and sound a bit crazy for some people but talking to a dog does relieve stress and release tension especially if you have been in a really bad day. The fact that your dog is there sitting beside you, silent as though listening and understanding every word you say is already a very comforting gesture that sometimes even humans can't provide.

4. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

I feel like reading myself with the posts here. I have a daytime job but our 2 dogs sleep in our bedroom so companionship is still there. As I arrived for dinner, those 2 dogs are already by my side. After dinner, we would be watching tv together and when I go up the bedroom, they would bark to remind us that they too would go up (they are trained not to climb the stairs to avoid accidents). And when my husband is away for the night, I don't feel alone because of my dogs. You bet that I bring them along when I go to the market although they just stay in the car with my husband.

gracer likes this.