• We love all Dogs and Puppies!

My Dog Likes to Wear T-Shirts

Discussion in 'Funny Dogs' started by sillylucy, Mar 25, 2016.

1. sillylucy

sillylucy Member

My silly 6 year old water spaniel loves to wear t-shirts. He plays tug-o-war with us with an old t-shirt and then he wants to put it on. He is so silly and will just sit there in his bed in his t-shirt. He makes me laugh because he looks so happy when it is on. Anyone else have a dog who likes to wear clothes??

2. Beermoney

Beermoney New Member

I guess some dogs just want to be similar to humans. They may believe this to be an act that will allow them to become closer with their owners. Of course, it could be due to curiosity too. Different dogs have different behaviours. As far as I know, most dogs do not really like to wear t-shirts. They are forced to do so mostly because their owners think it is cute. In your case, it seems to be the other way round hahaha.

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 New Member

I can't say that I have ever had or even seen a dog that enjoys wearing any kind of clothing but it must be a joy to see. I see people buying coats and hats and even Halloween dress up for their dogs and it does make me wonder if their dogs do enjoy wearing them and in most cases as stated above it's usually the owner forces them to wear it over them wanting to.

4. aquaticneko

aquaticneko Member

If a dog loves to wear the shirt then why not? Its cute and they love it! Also if it is cooler in the house then they might love the feeling of the warmth it provides. I only get annoyed when animals are dressed up like dolls. I cannot help but wonder what the dog thinks when someone spray paints it, dresses it up and puts them in their handbags.

5. Arvis

Arvis New Member

Well, I've got 2 Yorkshire terriers who just can't live without closes in the winter. It's so cold outside that sometimes they don't even want to go out. However, they are feeling quite good when wearing dog clothes!

6. jahroberts

jahroberts New Member

Aww haha that's adorable.

My dogs won't wear anything, they refuse! They're moody things though so that' probably why.

I always wanted a chilled out dogs you can make look funny with hats and shirts and stuff.

7. Theodore Rainford

Theodore Rainford New Member

To each his own! Wearing a t-shirt makes your dog happy and it's great that you have obliged him. I know when he is happy you are happy too. I can imagine the fun you have had seeing your dog profiling in a t-shirt.