• We love all Dogs and Puppies!

Bathing

Discussion in 'Dog Grooming' started by spence88, Mar 25, 2016.

1. spence88

spence88 New Member

Hi guys, how often do you give your dog a bath? I give mine once or twice a week. Luckily, he likes water so bathing him isn't troublesome, but is quite tedious because of his size. Did you have any trouble giving your dog a bath?

2. ioana_mv

ioana_mv New Member

I know that it's not that healthy to wash your dog often with shampoo and that it's recommended to wash them once a month. Of course you can wash it if it gets dirty or you have to clean it's paws.
    My 2 dogs stay outside and one of them has never taken a bath :p I do wash them when they get dirty, but not the entire body. Both of them have clean coats and are free of fleas and other critters :)

3. psanch

psanch New Member

Bathing the dogs has never not been hard. Makes for some hilarious stories though. We have purely outdoor dogs so bathing is not too much of a concern. They're usually fine the way they are. In fact the first thing they do once bathed is to roll around in the mud to get their usual scent(!!) back! :p I don't think they should be bathed too often no matter how mild the dog shampoo. I know we've always picked sunny days to bathe the dogs since blow drying them is not an option!