We love all Dogs and Puppies!

Recent content by MUTTLIFE

How did you Choose your dog?

I don't choose my dogs, I have adopted them. Usually friends and family had a flock of puppies sometimes and they gave me one or two as gift. I have adopted several dogs, and lost a few too due to life span.

Anatolian Shepherd

The Anatolian Shepherd is not the ideal breed for everyone. He can be a fine and loyal companion if you and your family understand his unique qualities and requirements and are ready to take on the responsibility of owning a very large and protective dog. If you need a dog to protect a flock or...

Too hard to choose

Indeed, there is a wide selections of dog with different need and behaviour. You should choose a doggy that would fit your lifestyle a not by appearance, that's the main suggestion I always give.

Jack Russells

Heh, yeah, give him half a chance, he'll pursue his delights over fences and through the streets. His wilful nature can make him pretty tricky to train. At least a jack russells is Friendly toward people, but certainly he can be aggressive toward other dogs and any other animal that resembles...

I have a 9-year old rescued stray dog that I want to train. Is there any hope?

I suggest to heed a professional trainer assessment to see whether your dog is still trainable or not. Because I really can't tell, the old saying may be applicable, but every dog is a different experience regardless of dog breed. Go ahead and try it out.

A warm sweater for winter

Is a good idea to don your dog with warm clothing when exposed to warm climates, of course, as long as your dog breed is small and have a very thin layer of fat and fur, like pinscher or chihuahua breeds. But is not necessary for a Chow Chow, Husky or golden retriever.

Hоw dо yоu tеасh аn оld dоg nеw triсks?

Sometimes, puppies are the kind of development stage which a dog is less likely to be obedient, or trainable. It all depends of the dog breed though. Quite Intelligent breeds are very receptive to training regardless of age, like Boxer, other breeds like the Shiba Inu are significantly harder to...

Does your dog behave?

My pinscher doggies misbehave when strangers come to visit my home. They bark a lot and are very noisy, I don't why I chose this dog breed in first place, they are very hard to train and can't stand loneliness. But anyway, I already have them and I love them.

Small vs. Big Dogs

I prefer medium sizes, very balanced dog (añthough some breeds are quite difficult). Small dog breeds are easier to maintain but don't like them too tiny because they can be hard to find sometimes without a bell attached to their collar. Bigger dog breeds leave crap almost the size of a horse...

What's your dog's favorite toy?

My doggies love ball and rope combination. I also love it too because it’s long-lasting and especially great for puppies. When my dogs drop the Rag Rope Ball from their mouth, It won’t roll too far away, but it will land on a different side and gives yet another dangling piece of rope for my...

We Have A New Baby!!!

What a cute little thing. Since it's not a purebreed, is safe to say your doggy will grow happy and healthy without developing any disease. That's just great, hope It'll get along well with all your family members!

Dogs and babies/young children

You can't leave your young children with a dog breed that is not very tolerant to be annoyed regardless if is young children or tiny dog breeds and puppies. There are other breeds that are very playful, but given their big sizes is rough play for your young child, is not a smart idea to leave it...

Lion cuts, yay or nay?

If you have a long-haired cat, giving it a lion cut to help deal with some of the issues long fur can bring. One of these issues is that Long-haired cats need a great deal of grooming. While most cats do self-groom, long-haired breeds require more care. Their fur should be brushed on a weekly...

Do you pay someone to do it?

I never have paid someone to groom my dogs. I do it myself everytime. Is not that mutts really need anything but a good soap bath and plenty of water.

Scary Dogs

Nothing escarier than a mean looking mastiff, pitbulls in general , a big tosa inu, a bulky American Bandogge, a boxer with anger issues, a rottweiler owned by beginners. I got bitten by Chow Chows and german shepherds several times, since these dog breeds were popular in my neighborhood, and...